BROKE tourist! Any suggestions?

Options
fzyfrog
fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
I will be spending a day in Boston and a day in NYC in a couple of weeks. I'm not staying the night in either of them, but will riding the train into each city in the morning and taking the train out of the city each evening. I have a VERY LIMITED budget and am wondering if you guys can offer suggestions of free or low-cost things to do in each city. I will not have a car and will be walking everywhere. I have also never been to either city so obviously looking for suggestions of the best sight-seeing places to visit as well. Thanks for all your help!!!

Replies

• poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Boston: Walk the freedom trail! It's all free and you can see some cool sights. You can take a tour too, but that's not necessary. You can go to Faneuil Hall and Quincy market, walk along the waterfront.

Don't pay to go to the top of the Prudential tower. There's a restaurant on the top floor. You can just sit there and have a drink (much cheaper because it's like $15 to go to the observation deck) and get the same view.
  • Casey9968
    Casey9968 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello, recently my husband and I took a road trip to flordia for 2 1/2 weeks and were on a tight budget also. The entire trip we used an app called trip advisor its free to sign up and they give you great suggestions for all over the U.S.. They are rated by users like me who have experienced the attractions. It's wonderful, we found the best thing to do was look up stuff the night before figure out how much we could spend that day. I'm happy to say that we stayed within budget and trip advisor really helped us out! (if your just looking for reviews you don't need to sign up, thats only if you wish to make a review yourself.) I hope you have a great time on your trips! Good luck.
  • TimKirkwood
    Options
    I say you throw on the CFMP's and *kitten* it up. Find some dudes to pay for the activities...... :O)