Not hungry to eat all calories

Options
My goal is 1450 calories a day and I usually workout. Todaye I have only took in 560 calories. I am not hungry. And suggestions on what to do

Replies

• FitLaughLove
    FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest force feeding! However, I would try to at least eat a little something if you can. Try maybe a handful of nuts? Easy way to get a decent amount of calories in! Im just saying because tomorrow you might be super hungry and crave a bunch of crap because of how little food you had today! At least that's what I've learned from personal experience!:)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You're regularly not hungry?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I agree...somedays I'm the same, and then those days that are just the opposite of feeling hungry all day. I'd add a few calories of protein...nuts, yogurt, something like that and then just call it a day.
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    What time is it there?
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you are regularly not hungry, you might consider changing up to more calorie dense food. If it's just occasionally, it's probably not a big deal eat a little more tomorrow if you can.
  • oct131920
    oct131920 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're regularly not hungry? [/q

I'm hungry at the beginning of the day and after I eat a little I'm full and really don't wanna eat lunch but ill be ready for a small dinner. Rarely do i have snacks.
  • oct131920
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    I agree...somedays I'm the same, and then those days that are just the opposite of feeling hungry all day. I'd add a few calories of protein...nuts, yogurt, something like that and then just call it a day.

Great idea thanks
  • oct131920
    Options
    What time is it there?
    What time is it there?

9.27 pm
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You took in 560 cals? Is that after subtracting the exercise or is that your total intake?
    That is quite low, and perhaps very occasionally this isn't a problem but you definitely do not want to make a habit out of eating that low.
  • oct131920
    Options
    You took in 560 cals? Is that after subtracting the exercise or is that your total intake?
    That is quite low, and perhaps very occasionally this isn't a problem but you definitely do not want to make a habit out of eating that low.

Yes that is after exercise. Healthy food has low calories from what ive seen with me logging it. You have to eat a bunch! I only eat 3 meals a day so maybe throwing in snacks can help I guess
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    oct131920 wrote: »
    What time is it there?
    What time is it there?

9.27 pm

Okay, that's good. You still have a couple of hours to eat something. Maybe you need to make a schedule and stick with it. Your body should adjust and you will meet your goal. Maybe make up menus ahead of time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yes that is after exercise. Healthy food has low calories from what ive seen with me logging it. You have to eat a bunch! I only eat 3 meals a day so maybe throwing in snacks can help I guess

There is plenty of calorie dense "healthy" foods that would bump up your intake. If you struggle to eat enough, Pre plan your meals - perhaps try to start with a protein (salmon, chicken thigh, whole eggs, full fat yoghurt/dairy etc), add carbs (grains, starchier vegies, fruit) and fat (avo, nuts, seeds, oils etc). There is also no reason to avoid things like the odd piece of chocolate, scoop of Icecream, pizza, *insert whatever food you like that perhaps doesn't fit your definition of healthy here*...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you need to open your diary.

98% of the time when people say this, they are not logging their food accurately and are eating more than they think, hence... why they are not hungry.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I mean, I get low calorie, high volume can be a struggle for people new to "dieting" but 560 calories is still pretty low volume when you consider lean protein.

So your hunger cues, as with all of us trying to lose weight, aren't reliable. Agree you need to make sure logging is accurate but you need to also adjust your idea of what's healthy. Healthy is a wide and varied diet, including fats and treats, that fit your calorie goals. So feel free to eat some chocolate, add oils to your cooking, eat breads and other starches and if you're still struggling, liquid calories can be easier to just chug down. So juices, protein shakes, milk, whatever floats your boat.

Because at the moment you're heading for an epic binge or an epic bad time.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    if you are finding it difficult eating all your calorie allocation, add some calorie dense foods into the mix... you might not feel hungry but your body needs the fuel to function. The odd low day isn't an issue, but eating that low day in day out would be detrimental to your overall health.
  • DanLoginov
    DanLoginov Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1450 calories a day and I usually workout. Todaye I have only took in 560 calories. I am not hungry. And suggestions on what to do

Have more meals, avoid having big ones. Either way 1450 calories daily isn't alot at all you shouldn't really have a problem. But yeah try having small portions throughout the day (between 4-6+) if not try forcing it.