Rear Delts on back day?

I heard that you hit your rear delts when you do your back excersises.

Since I do chest, shoulders, and triceps day right after back and biceps day, should I just hit my rear delts during my back and biceps day?
And just hit my mid and front delts when I do shoulders the next day? Would that make more sense and be more effective so that my rear delts wont be hit in two consecutive days?

Need advise, thank you!

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I don't think there is a wrong or right answer to this. I think that many people have lagging rear delts and if this is the same for you, you may benefit from training them twice a week.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Powerlifting coach has me do them on bench day. I usually hit them on OHP day too.
  • ArisPetite
    ArisPetite Posts: 8 Member
    My split is

Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Back Biceps
    Wednesday: Chest Shoulders Triceps
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Back Biceps
    Sunday: Chest Shoulders Triceps

So, if I train rear delts when I do my shoulders, is it bad that they were hit the day before? Since I did Back?

If so, would doing them on back biceps day work better?
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    I don't think there is a wrong or right answer to this. I think that many people have lagging rear delts and if this is the same for you, you may benefit from training them twice a week.

Agree.
    My preference is usually to hit them when I train back.
    Also, only one leg day per week?
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I still hit mine on shoulder day.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited January 2017

Agree.
    My preference is usually to hit them when I train back.
    Also, only one leg day per week?

I only train legs once a week.