Losing inches vs losing weight

Options
I was wondering if losing inches is just as good as losing weight? I have been making progress by losing inches, but my scale does not show any changes.

Replies

• Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I do seem to be getting more toned. I did hear that gaining muscle can slow down weight loss. Hopefully I am on the right track.
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am just starting back again and losing inches and weight comes off same time or a little after
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    I am starting to think that I am retaining water. Not sure why or how to retain less. My weight has stalled for a month now. I am not complaining about losing inches. I am happy to see the changes in my lower half, which is my problem area. I just want to lose the pounds.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Truvanessa wrote: »
    I was wondering if losing inches is just as good as losing weight? I have been making progress by losing inches, but my scale does not show any changes.

Your lips are breaking my heart! Life... just isn't fair. Truly lovely lips.

This is so far off topic. I apologize to everyone.

Hope it's muscles and not water. :)

Thanks! You made my morning lol! ☺️. It better be muscles.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Thanks so much to both of you for the advice and useful information. I appreciate your input. As long as I am improving on the way I look then I am happy.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    If you are within a healthy range, inches are a much more important measure to me.

I personally consider a smaller waist measurement and higher weight to be my holy grail body change. For my body type this is a certain indicator of muscle growth.