Pescatarian keto ...anyone else?

Options
Hello:) Ive very recently started to lchf eating plan....im on day three and feel pretty good. I track food here and have kept my carbs below 40 gm per day with lots of leafy greens in the mix. Is this too many carbs to achieve ketosis? If not, how long does it usually take to get there?? Thanks so much!
Shannon

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi. You're certainly not the only pescatarian ketoer here.
    I'd suggest asking your question here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

they can help you make sure you're getting enough fat as a ketoer. Cheers
  • shanstilts
    shanstilts Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) will do
  • paperbeagle
    paperbeagle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You have to set your carb limit individually... there isn't a single amount for all people. When i was doing ultra low carb (keto i guess it's called now) we followed a strict list of foods and brought carbs down to 20g max and monitored using ketostix from a pharmacy. You increased your carbs until you lost ketosis and that gave you your max carb limit... just under what breaks ketosis for you. But... some people don't seem to register on the stix and for me the number was insanely low... like 25g or something so a keto state was just a really unhappy thing long term for me. I found that I could do better long term at 40-50g and i still lost just more slowly.