Beachbody portion control containers do they work?

Options
Has anyone used the portion control containers such as the beach body ones? Are they useful? Do you find they work?

Replies

• debz126
    debz126 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I have them If I'm honest I've not really used them. I have gone back to keeping a food diary, I haven't a great deal of weight to lose and I think it's what you get used to.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    It is best to weigh and track food using scales and MFP.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    If they help you to keep in a calorie deficit, they work. I think a set of kitchen scales would be cheaper and easier to clean, as well as more accurate (but you may not need to be very accurate at the start of your weight loss and can always get scales if you stall).
  • AngeleyesJo
    AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    OK thanks
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It is best to weigh and track food using scales and MFP.

This

I received a set of them for free when I boughtry the Country Heat workout set several months ago. I figured they'd just wind up in the Goodwill bin. However, they've come in handy for my work lunch box because they are smaller than my Rubbermaids. I weigh my food, but I've found them useful for that purpose.
    The knockoff ones from Amazon would work just as well. Food scale is definitely the better tool though.
  • rxchica82
    rxchica82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can buy a set (with directions and everything) for under $10 on Amazon. I wish I'd known before I spent so much money on the Beachbody version. Just search "21 day fix containers" and you'll find plenty of options. Most of the recipes are available online - Pinterest is a good place to start.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    They work for me. Just counting calories, I tend to not be as balanced (carb heavy or not enough veggies). They help me to plan and visualize more balanced meals.
  • orangesque
    orangesque Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i follow the 21 day fix meal planning but i've never bought any containers. i just measure things. you can google it and find out how much goes into each container (for instance - the green container holds 1 cup), and then just plan from there. i love this system because i'm very visual and now i can pretty much assemble foods without even measuring because i know what a cup of broccoli looks like, etc.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    21 day fix is another way to trick yourself yup be in a deficit. It's also expensive. MFP is free.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I only know one person in real life who's tried the system and she's still overweight. She was only able to stick with it for about a month.
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. I've been using the containers for over a year off and on. They have helped me control my portions, learn that I'm eating the wrong amount of food either too much or not enough based on my physical activity. If you learn to follow them you don't need them forever but I like to go back and use them when I feel I'm stepping off wrong path. Beachbody has reduced the price now too so they are $12 cdn not $22 .. I've used them with all my Beachbody programs and keep losing weight. Like any program it has to work for you but you also have to commit to it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. I've been using the containers for over a year off and on. They have helped me control my portions, learn that I'm eating the wrong amount of food either too much or not enough based on my physical activity. If you learn to follow them you don't need them forever but I like to go back and use them when I feel I'm stepping off wrong path. Beachbody has reduced the price now too so they are $12 cdn not $22 .. I've used them with all my Beachbody programs and keep losing weight. Like any program it has to work for you but you also have to commit to it.

You can get a good digital food scale for around $10 and it is much more accurate than the containers. Easier to use and less dishes to wash, too.