Hello I'm new and struggling with sugar addiction and compulsive overeating

Options
2»

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with honeythighs if you go longer than 3 hrs without a balanced meal or snack your fat storage hormone switchs on i set a timer of 2.5 hrs and always have a meal snack meal snack in that order

no it doesnt kick on. lots of people here have lost weight and fat eating just one meal a day. meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. if you are in a deficit you will lose fat. you wont store fat.

I have a degree in human Anatomy and as much as you think it doesnt it definitely does it also kicks in your ageing hormone and can do your body bad in the long run. Alternative day fasting on the other hand confuses you human Anatomy and burns fat quicker because turning off your fat burning hormone is harder than turning on the fat storage. Thus meaning on your fasting days your body will by end of day start to turn on the storage hormone and next day you are back to normal eating which turns fat burning straight back on before the storage hormone gets a chance to kick in, when the fat burning hormone is turned back on it refreshs and always enitially burns more fat at this point slowing down as the day gos on. If needing proof I always have evidence as well as world wide trusted studys I could post as I wouldnt state anything without seeing proof. Im not knocking your opinion but im always willing to take on new information and correct mine if there is a study backing this up or evidence from human trials. I have also taken part in a study with alternate day dieting and witnessed myself the evidence I still have my paper on this as I was in two minds at first. I participated in this for the worlds leading nutritionost Patrick Holford who is the founder of the institute of ultimate nutrition.

Then I guess you better tell everyone here who lost weight eating one meal a day, that they didnt lose weight then, and that Patrick Holford? he has NO degree in nutrition,so therefore he is not a nutritionist or a dietitian and therefore hes not a credible source,so how is he a world leading nutritionist?.. you do NOT store fat if you are in a deficit, its does not work that way,and you also have a degree in human anatomy.. that has nothing to do with nutrition,and its not my opinion,its fact that meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss, its all about a caloric deficit,

many people here only eat one meal a day,they have lost a lot of weight and fat are you saying that it didnt happen? a lot of people do IF,they too have lost weight eating in a small time window, did they not lose fat and weight? meal timing when it comes to weight loss is a myth, and old debunked . if you want to provide proof do you have any scientific or medical proof that this exists? peer reviewed studies? medical journals,etc?

so I guess people who are anorexic,in third world countries their fat hormone switches on and they retain or gain fat? your metabolism is always working.There are a LOT of studies backing my claims up. you are free to look them up,you are the one who has to prove that what you are saying is truth, But then again I guess everyone here who has lost weight like I mentioned above are medical marvels and should have never lost fat or weight. you are promoting bro science at best.

Hey im not here to argue nor am I saying you are lieing or being rude to you in any way. As I said and I quote im very open minded as im willing to always learn from anyone. Im not saying this didnt happen, I feel if I tell you what I no in reply to some of what you have said you may not listen and start a long Un necessary argument and thats not what im here for we are all here to help one another. Also human Anatomy and physiology has a large chunk to do with nutrition how the body works/hormones/nutrients/health/mechanics/physiological effects of exercise and foods but im saying I understand by this every human is different. Please dont take offence to my opinion as I have not on yours.
    Take care

I am not arguing,and everyone is different yes, but when it comes to weight/fat loss it boils down to a deficit(way of eating has nothing to do with it). I have a metabolic disorder and even I lose weight in a calorie deficit.I do think however you need to do more research on things,you should not be teaching people that weight/fat loss only happens when you eat every so many hours and it has nothing to do with a deficit.you are teaching them fat loss wont happen if you only eat one meal a day,thats not accurate. you also get your info or were in some kind of study or whatever it was lead by someone who has NO credentials,who founded an institute on something he has no degree in. that would be like me opening an institute on nuclear physics when I have no degree in anything remotely that has to do with it.

even people with health issues still lose weight with a calorie deficit, they just have to find what their deficit it,its not going to be the same with everyone. now some people who have insulin issues may have to eat more than one meal a day to keep their insulin regulated,but still if they are in a deficit they will lose fat,my hubby most times eats one meal a day if he gets busy, hes not fat by all means and he also is not dieting,but what is happening is he is eating less than he burns so therefore that puts him into a deficit. so with what you are claiming/teaching is that you can eat more than one meal a day,every so many hours and lose fat/weight even if you are not in a deficit? but if you eat one meal a day you will gain fat? I do whats called IF(intermittent fasting) and have lost a LOT of fat and weight,if what you claim about the fat hormone happened to be true then I should not have lost fat,I should have stored it. our body uses all food as fuel,the only way you will gain/retain fat is if you are eating in a surplus of calories(eating more than your body burns). I also eat what I want just in moderation and still lost fat/weight.

I think you have got me all wrong here I agree with intermittent fasting 100% I promote it i said that above in my previous message I dont think you read it through. I meen for the average person with no health issues as I no nothing about this person. I do have qualifications in fitness health and nutrition I no you dont believe me and I am currently futhering my studys after hearing new things and wanting to no more and I treat every idividual as just that an individual taking into acc everything about them there health issues bogy fat % muscle mass % water % and bone density and work around that. Considering the issue that you have thats what I would advise intermittent fasting every 2nd day leaving one day of freedome at the weekend and so on i am on the same page as you but you have misunderstood me.

I didnt say you would gain fat if you had one meal a day I explained what I meant speeking in laymonds terms about fat burnung/fat storage hormone above and promoted in saying that I agree with completely the intermittent fasting days on that post.

Im glad you dont want to argue but cant help but feel a litlle but of anger from your direction and misunderstood so I apologise I never meant to accuse you.

I stay in the UK so 11.30pm here so if I dont reply I do apologise im in bed for university tomorrow and have to take my 1yr old to nursery (fingers crossed he sleeps tonight) im not egnoring anyone. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

no Im not angry,my point was and its still a scientific fact that you dont store fat in a deficit,no matter how you create one. as for knowing a persons body fat/muscle mass,water and bone density there is no way to know what those numbers are without a dexa scan/hydrostatic weighing/bod pod and those all have an margin of error as well.I would definitely further your studies under someone who is credible or at an accredited school.The IF I do is 16:8 .I dont eat for 16 hrs(sometimes a little longer) and eat in an 8 hr period window. I also am not going to have one day of freedom so to speak.one day of freedom can lead to wiping out my deficit and Im not about to do that. but if others want to do that then its their choice to do so.my way of eating may not work for another and thats fine too.The guy you were touting above no one is going to trust anything he says because he has no background/degree in the stuff he spouts. so you can understand why some of the stuff you learned is not going to be used by most as a trusted source because of that guy. I thought a lot of things in the past too about health/nutrition. I learned more being here than I thought I knew and even learned in school.But have a good night and hope your son sleeps well.

"...you don't store fat in a deficit"

Exactly. Hormones affect our appetite and a variety of factors affect how much lean body mass vs fat we store when CO>CI, but if CI<CO, no new fat will be stored.

@cheryls1mx3 welcome! I think you'll enjoy this knowledgeable community once you get to know us better.

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Totally agree with honeythighs if you go longer than 3 hrs without a balanced meal or snack your fat storage hormone switchs on i set a timer of 2.5 hrs and always have a meal snack meal snack in that order

This is false. I do IF protocols and have had no problem losing the extra weight or maintaining the loss. I can't imagine eating every 2.5-3 hours-that would drive me nuts :p
  • mlrubeor
    mlrubeor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in recovery from a binge eating disorder and am attempting to use this app to help me get my body's ability back on track. I'd love to help you in this journey. Feel free to add me as a friend on the app
  • bradleyward1
    bradleyward1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know the science, but reading all this arguing made me wanna go buy a gallon of Bluebell and say to hell with nutrition. The original poster just wanna help with sugar cravings and over eating. I consider myself a sugar addict too. I will try for months at a time to ween off the sweets and it doesn't work. I have to eventually build up the strength to quit cold turkey. Then after months of no sweets i'll be sitting in a day long class or something and grab a Dr. Pepper because there is only a snack machine in house and I didn't prepare for the day, then it starts all over again. I can't give you the science behind it, but it's freakin' hard. Do you have an accountability partner, someone you can answer to everyday? Good luck, I struggle my *kitten* off with it. I do agree that if you can kick it for a day, the next day gets easier, then the next and so on. But i won't say passing a candy dish is easy, and as someone else mentioned, be careful with the natural sugars too, fruits etc. How bout your home life? I've never bought sweets to keep in the house, but my fiance does and that's been a recent challenge, support system is important. I know I didn't give you the answer, just know you are not alone. I'd suggest trying an accountability partner. I see @mlrubeor offered a friend request. Maybe the two of you can benefit from one another.
  • bradleyward1
    bradleyward1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What in the world, I wrote the word A S S and this freakin app input the word kitten. Ridiculous!
  • cheryls1mx3
    cheryls1mx3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't know the science, but reading all this arguing made me wanna go buy a gallon of Bluebell and say to hell with nutrition. The original poster just wanna help with sugar cravings and over eating. I consider myself a sugar addict too. I will try for months at a time to ween off the sweets and it doesn't work. I have to eventually build up the strength to quit cold turkey. Then after months of no sweets i'll be sitting in a day long class or something and grab a Dr. Pepper because there is only a snack machine in house and I didn't prepare for the day, then it starts all over again. I can't give you the science behind it, but it's freakin' hard. Do you have an accountability partner, someone you can answer to everyday? Good luck, I struggle my *kitten* off with it. I do agree that if you can kick it for a day, the next day gets easier, then the next and so on. But i won't say passing a candy dish is easy, and as someone else mentioned, be careful with the natural sugars too, fruits etc. How bout your home life? I've never bought sweets to keep in the house, but my fiance does and that's been a recent challenge, support system is important. I know I didn't give you the answer, just know you are not alone. I'd suggest trying an accountability partner. I see @mlrubeor offered a friend request. Maybe the two of you can benefit from one another.

Very inspiring what we should all be here for to help one another
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options

no it doesnt kick on. lots of people here have lost weight and fat eating just one meal a day. meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. if you are in a deficit you will lose fat. you wont store fat.

I have a degree in human Anatomy and as much as you think it doesnt it definitely does it also kicks in your ageing hormone and can do your body bad in the long run. Alternative day fasting on the other hand confuses you human Anatomy and burns fat quicker because turning off your fat burning hormone is harder than turning on the fat storage. Thus meaning on your fasting days your body will by end of day start to turn on the storage hormone and next day you are back to normal eating which turns fat burning straight back on before the storage hormone gets a chance to kick in, when the fat burning hormone is turned back on it refreshs and always enitially burns more fat at this point slowing down as the day gos on. If needing proof I always have evidence as well as world wide trusted studys I could post as I wouldnt state anything without seeing proof. Im not knocking your opinion but im always willing to take on new information and correct mine if there is a study backing this up or evidence from human trials. I have also taken part in a study with alternate day dieting and witnessed myself the evidence I still have my paper on this as I was in two minds at first. I participated in this for the worlds leading nutritionost Patrick Holford who is the founder of the institute of ultimate nutrition.

Then I guess you better tell everyone here who lost weight eating one meal a day, that they didnt lose weight then, and that Patrick Holford? he has NO degree in nutrition,so therefore he is not a nutritionist or a dietitian and therefore hes not a credible source,so how is he a world leading nutritionist?.. you do NOT store fat if you are in a deficit, its does not work that way,and you also have a degree in human anatomy.. that has nothing to do with nutrition,and its not my opinion,its fact that meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss, its all about a caloric deficit,

many people here only eat one meal a day,they have lost a lot of weight and fat are you saying that it didnt happen? a lot of people do IF,they too have lost weight eating in a small time window, did they not lose fat and weight? meal timing when it comes to weight loss is a myth, and old debunked . if you want to provide proof do you have any scientific or medical proof that this exists? peer reviewed studies? medical journals,etc?

so I guess people who are anorexic,in third world countries their fat hormone switches on and they retain or gain fat? your metabolism is always working.There are a LOT of studies backing my claims up. you are free to look them up,you are the one who has to prove that what you are saying is truth, But then again I guess everyone here who has lost weight like I mentioned above are medical marvels and should have never lost fat or weight. you are promoting bro science at best.

Hey im not here to argue nor am I saying you are lieing or being rude to you in any way. As I said and I quote im very open minded as im willing to always learn from anyone. Im not saying this didnt happen, I feel if I tell you what I no in reply to some of what you have said you may not listen and start a long Un necessary argument and thats not what im here for we are all here to help one another. Also human Anatomy and physiology has a large chunk to do with nutrition how the body works/hormones/nutrients/health/mechanics/physiological effects of exercise and foods but im saying I understand by this every human is different. Please dont take offence to my opinion as I have not on yours.
    Take care

I am not arguing,and everyone is different yes, but when it comes to weight/fat loss it boils down to a deficit(way of eating has nothing to do with it). I have a metabolic disorder and even I lose weight in a calorie deficit.I do think however you need to do more research on things,you should not be teaching people that weight/fat loss only happens when you eat every so many hours and it has nothing to do with a deficit.you are teaching them fat loss wont happen if you only eat one meal a day,thats not accurate. you also get your info or were in some kind of study or whatever it was lead by someone who has NO credentials,who founded an institute on something he has no degree in. that would be like me opening an institute on nuclear physics when I have no degree in anything remotely that has to do with it.

even people with health issues still lose weight with a calorie deficit, they just have to find what their deficit it,its not going to be the same with everyone. now some people who have insulin issues may have to eat more than one meal a day to keep their insulin regulated,but still if they are in a deficit they will lose fat,my hubby most times eats one meal a day if he gets busy, hes not fat by all means and he also is not dieting,but what is happening is he is eating less than he burns so therefore that puts him into a deficit. so with what you are claiming/teaching is that you can eat more than one meal a day,every so many hours and lose fat/weight even if you are not in a deficit? but if you eat one meal a day you will gain fat? I do whats called IF(intermittent fasting) and have lost a LOT of fat and weight,if what you claim about the fat hormone happened to be true then I should not have lost fat,I should have stored it. our body uses all food as fuel,the only way you will gain/retain fat is if you are eating in a surplus of calories(eating more than your body burns). I also eat what I want just in moderation and still lost fat/weight.

I think you have got me all wrong here I agree with intermittent fasting 100% I promote it i said that above in my previous message I dont think you read it through. I meen for the average person with no health issues as I no nothing about this person. I do have qualifications in fitness health and nutrition I no you dont believe me and I am currently futhering my studys after hearing new things and wanting to no more and I treat every idividual as just that an individual taking into acc everything about them there health issues bogy fat % muscle mass % water % and bone density and work around that. Considering the issue that you have thats what I would advise intermittent fasting every 2nd day leaving one day of freedome at the weekend and so on i am on the same page as you but you have misunderstood me.

I didnt say you would gain fat if you had one meal a day I explained what I meant speeking in laymonds terms about fat burnung/fat storage hormone above and promoted in saying that I agree with completely the intermittent fasting days on that post.

Im glad you dont want to argue but cant help but feel a litlle but of anger from your direction and misunderstood so I apologise I never meant to accuse you.

I stay in the UK so 11.30pm here so if I dont reply I do apologise im in bed for university tomorrow and have to take my 1yr old to nursery (fingers crossed he sleeps tonight) im not egnoring anyone. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

no Im not angry,my point was and its still a scientific fact that you dont store fat in a deficit,no matter how you create one. as for knowing a persons body fat/muscle mass,water and bone density there is no way to know what those numbers are without a dexa scan/hydrostatic weighing/bod pod and those all have an margin of error as well.I would definitely further your studies under someone who is credible or at an accredited school.The IF I do is 16:8 .I dont eat for 16 hrs(sometimes a little longer) and eat in an 8 hr period window. I also am not going to have one day of freedom so to speak.one day of freedom can lead to wiping out my deficit and Im not about to do that. but if others want to do that then its their choice to do so.my way of eating may not work for another and thats fine too.The guy you were touting above no one is going to trust anything he says because he has no background/degree in the stuff he spouts. so you can understand why some of the stuff you learned is not going to be used by most as a trusted source because of that guy. I thought a lot of things in the past too about health/nutrition. I learned more being here than I thought I knew and even learned in school.But have a good night and hope your son sleeps well.

"...you don't store fat in a deficit"

Exactly. Hormones affect our appetite and a variety of factors affect how much lean body mass vs fat we store when CO>CI, but if CI<CO, no new fat will be stored.

@cheryls1mx3 welcome! I think you'll enjoy this knowledgeable community once you get to know us better.

Thanks for welcoming me and what you said I agree with completely thats what I was trying to explain. I hope so, I mught have the qualifications but im just like everyone else I struggle too
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options

Take care

Thats not all i go on its just part of it. Even people like myself with degrees want to learn and learn something new everyday thats why I try make a point to keep up to date with recent studies and sources as much as possible and I wouldnt be here if I didnt want to learn just feel a little intimidating at the moment and havmt posted on other posts now since. I agree with all you say from the beginning thats all part of it i would of been there all day writing what I wrote then what you wrote and everything else on top. I just think you misunderstood me I never said in any of my posts that anything causes a deficit. Just wanted to help the person because a personal level I found it easier kicking sugar habits when I ate regularly helped myself not get hungry so I didn't crave sweet foods. Theres a science behind it as well i needed help and went to a nutritional expert who taught me before I started college myself because I like no reasons why behind things before doing them but I really dont wanna blab on any longer. He didn't sleep much his 4 back teeth are coming through and woke up this morning to two of them cut through
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options

You might need to change jobs? If you're actually teaching people about a 'fat storage hormone' then...??
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options

Totally BS. I only eat one to two meals a day and I've lost 125 lbs.
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options

You might need to change jobs? If you're actually teaching people about a 'fat storage hormone' then...??

Why is everyone so harsh on here I only want to try help people and people help me in a polite way I would fully admit I was wrong if I was. Im not saying its my way or the highway. I was speaking in laymonds terms fat storage hormone technical term is cortisol.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Take care

Thats not all i go on its just part of it. Even people like myself with degrees want to learn and learn something new everyday thats why I try make a point to keep up to date with recent studies and sources as much as possible and I wouldnt be here if I didnt want to learn just feel a little intimidating at the moment and havmt posted on other posts now since. I agree with all you say from the beginning thats all part of it i would of been there all day writing what I wrote then what you wrote and everything else on top. I just think you misunderstood me I never said in any of my posts that anything causes a deficit. Just wanted to help the person because a personal level I found it easier kicking sugar habits when I ate regularly helped myself not get hungry so I didn't crave sweet foods. Theres a science behind it as well i needed help and went to a nutritional expert who taught me before I started college myself because I like no reasons why behind things before doing them but I really dont wanna blab on any longer. He didn't sleep much his 4 back teeth are coming through and woke up this morning to two of them cut through

what nutritional expert did you go to? what were their degrees? if it was the guy you named above he is not an expert. but you have to understand that there is sugar in fruits and veggies, a trace amount in meats and other things,sugar is sugar but lowering carbs for some does help.if you really want to learn I would talk to different registered dietitians, endocrinologists(people who deal with metabolism and endocrine systems)and things along those lines.Thats why most people recommend people go to a RD instead of a nutritionist because most RD have to go to school longer and have to have a degree(usually a BS degree) to practice. where many places nutritionists dont have to have a degree to practice. a RD is usually protected under the AMA where a nutritionist is not in most cases
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Why is everyone so harsh on here I only want to try help people and people help me in a polite way I would fully admit I was wrong if I was. Im not saying its my way or the highway. I was speaking in laymonds terms fat storage hormone technical term is cortisol.

they arent being harsh they are trying to keep people who are new here from any misinformation. as for cortisol its a natural hormone http://www.hormone.org/hormones-and-health/what-do-hormones-do/cortisol it helps the body use sugar and fat for energy among other things. but I have not found anywhere where it says it really causes fat gain/storage.it says it can cause a lot of issues if too much is produced and can cause you to feel more hungry causing you to eat more(it is a stress hormone after all) which could lead someone to possible overeat and gain weight. but that would be an indirect cause.some meds do the same thing.also some of the way you worded things came across as you saying that a deficit or not eating enough meals causes fat storage,maybe its not how you meant to say it but its how it was worded. no ones trying to be harsh just trying to inform people what has been proven and which has not. Here on MFP when you throw names of people out there who have NO accreditation,no degrees,etc but who think they know nutrition but dont,you are going to hear the truth about that person.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 753 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @cheryls1mx3

What are your views on weight loss now compared to this thread?
  • cheryls1mx3
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    @cheryls1mx3

What are your views on weight loss now compared to this thread?

My thoughts on weight loss have evolved in comparison of this thread. Is that It's been a journey of learning and growing.

I stand now as follows really and all based on evidence, studies and journals not the internet:

Diverse Approaches: Back then, I talked about the importance of regular meal timings to prevent overeating. While that's still valid for some, I've learned that there's no one-size-fits-all approach to weight loss. Different methods, like intermittent fasting or flexible eating windows, can work wonders. It's all about finding what suits you best.

Expert Guidance: I still believe in seeking guidance from qualified experts like registered dietitians and nutritional experts. They provide personalized, evidence-based advice that can make a significant difference in your journey.

Sugar and Cortisol: The thread mentioned sugar and cortisol. While cortisol does play a role in metabolism and stress, it's not the direct cause of fat gain. Weight management is influenced by various factors like calorie balance, overall diet, and physical activity.

Support System: The importance of community support and accountability partners still holds true. Having people who understand and cheer you on can be a game-changer.

In a nutshell, my approach to weight loss has become more flexible and holistic. It's not just about what you eat but also your lifestyle, habits, and overall well-being. Keep an open mind, explore new ideas, and remember that there's no one right path.

Thanks for letting me share my updated perspective!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 753 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @cheryls1mx3

The concern, as you can image when you read back, is that you pushed your “knowledge and education” when it was not based on science in anyway. If anything it was anti-science. Not only do I hope you learned from those mistakes, I want to remind you that support does not mean providing bad advice. If you don’t know something, research it first, or better yet just tell the person posting you don’t know and share your personal experience. Speak for yourself. Not one of us knows everything, but we have to know the difference between what we think, what we believe to be true, and what we know as a fact.

That being said, I read your history and I’m really on your team here. From what I could tell previously you got down to around 160 from the 200’s, and 150 was your goal? That, in of itself, is a huge accomplishment. If you did it before you can do it again. I’ll be rooting for you.
  • cheryls1mx3
    edited September 2023
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    @cheryls1mx3

The concern, as you can image when you read back, is that you pushed your “knowledge and education” when it was not based on science in anyway. If anything it was anti-science. Not only do I hope you learned from those mistakes, I want to remind you that support does not mean providing bad advice. If you don’t know something, research it first, or better yet just tell the person posting you don’t know and share your personal experience. Speak for yourself. Not one of us knows everything, but we have to know the difference between what we think, what we believe to be true, and what we know as a fact.

That being said, I read your history and I’m really on your team here. From what I could tell previously you got down to around 160 from the 200’s, and 150 was your goal? That, in of itself, is a huge accomplishment. If you did it before you can do it again. I’ll be rooting for you.

Hey there,

I totally get where you're coming from, and I appreciate your feedback. You're absolutely right; We should have be more careful with any advice giving, I preach this as its my job I'm fully qualified nutritional expert amugst many more health and wellness qualifications I like to keep up to date as these change constantly every year/month.

I wanted to share that my current perspective on weight loss is based on research and evidence. I'm all about finding what works for each person individually, whether it's intermittent fasting, flexible eating, or something else entirely. I'm unsure of what it is you are referring to specifically because I made sure to do my due diligence before posting that on the thread. I am open to see your sources and accept I am wrong and learn if I am.

I also agree with you on the importance of seeking guidance from experts like registered dietitians. They provide valuable, evidence-based advice that can make a real difference.

As for sugar and cortisol, I want to clarify that while cortisol does play a role in metabolism and stress, it's not the sole culprit for weight gain. Weight management is a complex interplay of various factors like diet, exercise, and more.

And yes, you're absolutely right about the importance of community support and accountability. Having people who understand and cheer you on can make a huge difference.

Thanks for your support, and I'll keep striving to provide helpful and well-informed insights. And yes, you're correct about my weight loss journey—I did make some progress before, and I appreciate your encouragement. Your support means a lot, and I'm rooting for you too!

Take care! 😊