ugh...

Options
2»

Replies

• livinwell
    Options
    My advice to you when you fell this way is.....look ahead to the future and say to yourself; even at a pound a week I will be ____ lighter by _____.

Here is a good thing my friend sent to me to help me stay motivated:

"We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces and regret weighs tons." ~Jim Rohn, Motivational speaker

Now for something kind of fun!!

If I Lost Just One Pound Each Week in 2009

By Valentine’s Day I’d be 6 pounds lighter!
    I’m telling you – I’m loving it!

By St. Patrick’s Day I’d be 11 pounds lighter!
    With the luck-o-the Irish I’ll make my goal!

By Easter I’d be 12 pounds lighter!
    I’d be a cuter bunny!

By Memorial Day I’d be 21 pounds lighter!
    Won’t let it rain on my parade!

By Flag Day I’d be 23 pounds lighter!
    Boy, could I wave my flag then!

By Independence Day I’d be 26 pounds lighter!
    That’s a neat declaration of independence from overeating!

By Labor Day I’d be 35 pounds lighter!
    What a wonderful reward for all my hard work!

By Columbus Day I’d be 41 pounds lighter!
    What a joy to discover what I can do!

By Halloween I’d be 43 pounds lighter!
    I didn’t think I’d have had a ghost of a chance!

By Thanksgiving I’d be 47 pounds lighter!
    I’d have so much to be thankful for!

By Christmas Eve I’d be 51 pounds lighter!
    Talk about being merry!

By New Year’s Eve I’d be 52 pounds lighter!
    It’s not just a new year, it’s a NEW ME!!

For those of us with less to lose, how about 1/2 lb per week!! 26 lbs by the end of the year!! Or a 1/4 lb a week for 13 lbs by the end of the year. Whatever your goals, STICK WITH IT!!!

"You may have the loftiest goals, the highest ideals, the noblest of dreams, but remember this: nothing works unless you do." ~Nido Quebein, Author of How to be a Great Communicator
  • mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    I felt the same way this morning!!:grumble: It is foggy, cold, and rainy where I am at and I didn't want to get up. Of course if i don't, the kids don't get to school. I MADE myself get up, walked the kids to school and continued on to do my daily walk. And yes, it was still cold, rainy, and very foggy.

All of this only to ruin it all with a mac and cheese lunch!! Now I will be over my calories anyway so I have to figure out a way to add an extra work out today so I could eat dinner. All I really want to do is go home, crawl into bed and go to sleep. UGH!!!

I KNOW, hey!!!!:mad: its jus tso frusterating..but I am going to console myself by making myself clean my house at a fast pace, get the heart rate up a bit at least...that can count as a work out, and you are getting your place tidied too!! Score!!:tongue: