Bad breath- anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    Drrink high quality chlorophyll or take the capsules two-three time a day. In a day your bad breath will be gone, a week you won't have bad b.o two weeks your *kitten* will not stink but it will be green.

This is one of the times where the kitten swear filter makes something so much worse than if there wasn't a filter at all... :/

Oh my god. Made my night.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Floss. Floss. Floss. And brush your tongue, the roof of your mouth, under your tongue, your cheeks. I use a metal tooth pick (in the dental section of your drugstore) to remove tartar but if you're not sure how to do that yourself, have a hygienist teach you. Start with this first as it's the easiest remedy and if it doesn't work, go to a dentist and see if you don't have an abscess that you're not aware of (they don't always hurt). If your dentist tells you everything is fine, I'll be you my next paycheck it's in your stomach. Acidophilus probiotics (fancy work for bacteria found in yogurt) will cure a host of issues. My son, in his teens, had the most horrendous breath and this is what finally took care of it. Start with hygiene, move to dentist, then AP. If you do everything all at once, you won't know what the problem was. Forget the mints. Bad breath masked with mint is as disgusting as a yeast infection masked with strawberry douche. Good luck!
  • M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was thinking tonsil stones too...they have a stink like no other.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well it's not my oral hygeine , because I do all those things the same as before it's only happened since I cut my calories. Which I heard that when someone doesnt eat so much it cn cause bd breath because the stomach acid has no food being a barrier so the smell comes up. Or I am lower carb than I thought and it's causing me to breath. I drink 8 350ml bottles of water a day.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tonsil stones? They are evil smelling.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    melto1989 wrote: »
    It has become hard to avoid being close to people so they don't smell my breath it's awful. I brush my teeth mouthwash it makes no change. Is this weight loss related?
    Going to be getting some breath mints...

Go see your dentist ...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the dentist!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If this has only happened since changing your eating, are you eating something in large quantities. My friend gave up grains/cereals for breakfast and ate eggs daily. OMG, it was awful. It was not eggs that cause bad breath, but something happened internally with the eggs that produced it. Soon as she stopped, it went away. My other friend who eats a lot of sushi has this problem to. There are byproducts that are created from these foods.

So, eating a lot of anything?
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was reading just last week the apple cider vinegar (1part and 3parts water) can help with that. Of course you would want use it during your night time brushing before bed.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Could also be GERD or post nasal drip.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Could also be GERD or post nasal drip.

QFT. Post nasal drip makes an awful smell.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    HG210 wrote: »
    I was reading just last week the apple cider vinegar (1part and 3parts water) can help with that. Of course you would want use it during your night time brushing before bed.

never brush when using any acidic product,it can make the enamel weak and brushing would be bad.