Getting married and wanting to lose 35lbs.

Options
I am 185 Abel want to get down to 135. I have cut out carbs and sugar. I drink over 64oz of water a day and walk and go to Zumba. Any suggestions on what to do to lose it faster?

Replies

• roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When are you getting married? Congrats :)
  • oct131920
    oct131920 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you Aug 12 this year
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    oct131920 wrote: »
    Thank you Aug 12 this year

That's 29 weeks from now. Recommended weight loss is between half to one lb per week. You might be aiming for too much.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    ^yes
    also losing weight fast has the potential to be gained back or even more if not being closely maintained.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Track your calories.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    185 to 135 is a 50-lb loss, not 35 lbs as stated in your title.
    Cutting out carbs and sugar means nothing unless you're in a calorie deficit.
    Set your stats to lose 1 lb/week. Start tracking your calories. Don't let an arbitrary number stress you out.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?If your 185 now and goal is 135 that's 50pds you want to lose.

35 is slightly more realistic but still a stretch. You will need to be very strict counting and adhering to your calorie goal to maintain the deficit you need to lose 35pds. Consistency rather than speed is probably my best advice so you dont over restrict to lose quicker and then over indulge. Do you have a friend you can buddy up with to keep each other accountable? Dont over do it, you'll be cranky and there's lots of planning for a wedding that can make you cranky without being on a diet and can also stress the relationship out.

Good luck with it.