Difficult to find foods.

Options
13»

Replies

• Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

I sincerely hope you find relief and options. I agree with the above posters, keep searching for in home help, cooking bigger batches at a time, maybe meal prep for the week is too much at one time, try only cooking for 2 or 3 meals at a time. I may have skimmed over this already, but have you tried not eating" meals" but eating smaller snacks throughout the day? Even if it is later on in the day you start eating.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Jeshie91 wrote: »
    I might be an *kitten*, but this seems rather suspect.

Edit: Excuse me for this question, but have any doctors ever talked to you about schizophrenia?

Um what? I have several diagnoses. Schizophrenia has never been one of them or considered because it does not fit at all and also thats super rude.

There isn't anything wrong with having schizophrenia, I have a family friend who has it.

Didn't mean to be rude. :)
  • Jeshie91
    Jeshie91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Edit: Excuse me for this question, but have any doctors ever talked to you about schizophrenia?

Um what? I have several diagnoses. Schizophrenia has never been one of them or considered because it does not fit at all and also thats super rude.

There isn't anything wrong with having schizophrenia, I have a family friend who has it.

I dont think there is anything wrong with schizophrenia. But it is quite rude to assume or declare someone that you dont know has a specific illness based on what theyve written in one forum - Ive already given reasons for the symptoms and challenges I have with food and mentioned my doctor at least once. There was no reason for you to validly say I may be schizophrenic. Its also hugely problematic with the whole internet culture and online diagnosis thing. Unless you are a doctor you should not be saying things like that to a person you dont know.

If you have concerns something better to say would be something like 'have you mentioned X symptoms to a doctor? they could be something.' and dont mention a specific illness... that is the place of medical professionals not strangers on the internet.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I suggest you keep looking in any disability support that might be available = is the NDIS in your area? And do you qualify? If you aren't in an NDIS area, then ask your doctor about a referral to the local disability support service (it will vary state by state) and see if you can get any assistance with shopping and meal prep.

If that's not an option, then I would call in favours if you can - it sounds as though your sister, for example, might be willing to help. Or perhaps your local council or health service might be able to put you in touch with a volunteer group who could help.

Cooking batches of things that can go in the fridge or freezer would give you some meals to fall back on. As you like soup, that would be a great place to start. You can add in chicken or nuts or legumes to bump up the protein, plus use a bit of oil in the cooking then blend it all in and you have something that has some decent nutrition and calories.

Cant add chicken im vegetarian lol. I dont entirely understand the NDIS but it is on the list of things to ask my doctor about when I see her next week, as well as disability community support. IDK what community services there are around here but I know the CMHT was pretty *kitten*. So my expectations are fairly low. My flatmate might know some stuff actually -- before we moved in together she was her mothers full time carer. Idk why I never thought to ask her lol.

You can find out more about NDIS here. Basically it is the new Australian govt model for disability support that has been rolling out around the country in a series of launch sites. This means that not everyone has access to NDIS yet, in some areas it is limited to certain age groups at this time too.

However, if you are already connected with a disability service then don't worry about NDIS at this stage, ask them whether support for shopping/cooking is available to you.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I dont think there is anything wrong with schizophrenia. But it is quite rude to assume or declare someone that you dont know has a specific illness based on what theyve written in one forum - Ive already given reasons for the symptoms and challenges I have with food and mentioned my doctor at least once. There was no reason for you to validly say I may be schizophrenic. Its also hugely problematic with the whole internet culture and online diagnosis thing. Unless you are a doctor you should not be saying things like that to a person you dont know.

If you have concerns something better to say would be something like 'have you mentioned X symptoms to a doctor? they could be something.' and dont mention a specific illness... that is the place of medical professionals not strangers on the internet.

Preach.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The crock pot idea is great! You could make a big batch of vegetable stew with beans, or lentils. When I do that, I have meals for days. It sounds miserable, what you are going through. Hang in there!