high protein low carb

Options
i am having a hard time figuring out my lunches for school, cause normally i would have a sandwich but i really dont like bringing sandwiches for my lunch anymore, any ideas on healthy high protein low carb lunches that i could bring to school?

Replies

• brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    do you have access to a microwave?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    You could bring an array of "finger foods"...I like light salami with a little bit of cream cheese, celery and peanut butter, apples, chicken (I cook a chicken breast and bring 2-3 ounces), nuts, fruit, string cheese, hard boiled eggs...just to name a few!
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    At school or at home?

school
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Salad with some kind of protein on it. Leftovers (more options if you have a microwave).
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I literally bring a bag of salad, a protein, and a cucumber or tomato to work with me. If I have time I weigh it in the morning and chop it up.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    homemade chicken fingers baked
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Your sandwich ingredients, chopped up with a salad or rolled into meat and cheese rolls.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options

Easy Mac is not low carb or high protein. ;)
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Easy Mac is not low carb or high protein. ;)

This! I hope your referencing the #easymac diet. Thank you. I wanted to do this on another thread but the tone was too serious ( not that this one doesn't have importance)
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt is good a few nuts or home made lower cal granola or fruit berries are lower carb
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Another fav of mine is chicken salad with lots of chopped celery in it. Low fat mayo and rotisserie chicken chopped up without the skin of course!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Chicken, eggs, tuna, meat sticks. If you have a microwave, then that opens up to reheat lean meats. Even without a microwave, you can still use cured meats or cook chicken and eat it cold.

What were you putting on sandwiches? Lose the bread, roll up the meat and eat it without the bread.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    High protein/low carb isn't really a thing, you'll be eating high fat if you are eating low carb, and it's not even needed for weight loss. So instead if trying to reinvent the wheel, eat food you like that is convenient for you. Nothing wrong with a sandwich for lunch. You are exhausting yourself on details that don't really matter. Log your food and hit your calorie goal.
  • rosan7534
    rosan7534 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make a small salad and bring for lunch everyday. 2cps lettuce, 2oz of shredded or grilled chicken, 1oz of salsa,1 tsp of jalapeno, 1/2tbs of buffalo ranch dressing, add hot sauce, mix well.