Help me gain!

Options
I am 22, 95 lbs, and about 5 foot tall. I have tried everything from quit smoking to eatting like crazy. What am i doing wrong? Whats the quickest way to gain the most?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You just need to be in a caloric surplus. Make sure to log your food consistently. Eat more calories if you're not gaining.
  • dmiivanov
    dmiivanov Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts (only with proper form) and bench press and pull ups (or pull downs ). Also, only with correct form , or else muscles won't grow!! 3 sets of 8 reps each. when it gets to easy add slightly more weight.
    Oh and of course, protein (chicken , beef, eggs, milk, cottage cheese ... ), 1g / lb of body weight , that's at least 95 g / day for you . Plus everything else that you eat.
    and sleep a lot, and do your weight workouts only twice per week, each lifting session no longer than 40 min ..
    10-15 min moderate pace cardio, twice per week, on days when you don't lift could be useful too, it'll get your appetite going.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Lift weights
    Caloric surplus
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    dmiivanov wrote: »
    Squats, deadlifts (only with proper form) and bench press and pull ups (or pull downs ). Also, only with correct form , or else muscles won't grow!! 3 sets of 8 reps each. when it gets to easy add slightly more weight.
    Oh and of course, protein (chicken , beef, eggs, milk, cottage cheese ... ), 1g / lb of body weight , that's at least 95 g / day for you . Plus everything else that you eat.
    and sleep a lot, and do your weight workouts only twice per week, each lifting session no longer than 40 min ..
    10-15 min moderate pace cardio, twice per week, on days when you don't lift could be useful too, it'll get your appetite going.

- All lifting should be with correct form
    - You can still gain muscle with bad form but you increase risk of injury
    - 0.6g/lb of protein is sufficient for the average persob
    - Working out twice a week isn't enough to stimulate muscle growth
    - Workouts should be as long as they need to be not an arbitrary limit
    - 10-15 minutes cardio won't do much
    - Cardio suppresses some peoples appetite
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am 22, 95 lbs, and about 5 foot tall. I have tried everything from quit smoking to eatting like crazy. What am i doing wrong? Whats the quickest way to gain the most?

eat in a surplus consistently.

Lift heavy stuff