Vegan/Sugar-Free/130+ to Lose -- who's with me?

Need to make this year be the year! I've been flirting with vegan lifestyle for about a year...have decided to make the commitment! Due to my sugar addiction, I am cutting out processed sugar (candy, processed sweets, etc) for the time being. I'm focusing on cardio exercise right now, adding in strength training once I've gotten a good cardio routine established. I have 130+ pounds to lose, so this is going to be a steady LONG journey!

I know I do better with support and encouragement -- so whether or not any of the above is the same for you, if you'd like to join me in the journey, send a request!

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!
  • sassyshontai
    sassyshontai Posts: 2 Member
    i am in the same boat. i need to cut out everything white. but bread and sweets are my weakness. good luck to u.
  • Alendralouise
    Alendralouise Posts: 116 Member
    I've been sugar-free (apart from the sugars in veg and some fruit, and other carbs such as rice etc, obviously- it's amazing what's in a carrot!) since Feb 2016 and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
  • amandaiams
    amandaiams Posts: 73 Member
    Whoo! I'm focusing on cutting out sugars and unnecessary carbs myself! We got this!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    i am in the same boat. i need to cut out everything white. but bread and sweets are my weakness. good luck to u.

Sorry but elimination style diets have a really poor track record for maintenance. Losing weight is just the FIRST step.

The second step is one you need to do for life. Are you going to give up "white foods" forever......or just until you get to goal. If it's just until you get to goal, then you will have to figure out a new strategy when you get there. A smaller you will need fewer calories forever.

I'm the queen of losing & re-gaining. No more elimination for me.