Appropriate calories for weight loss

Options
I'm on my 200 day stretch I've lost 37 lbs but the last 20 is so hard and I'm stuck ! I've tried hiit x3 wkly , increased my lbs lifting and decreased and or mixed up calories and workouts ! Any other ideas I'm still about 15-20 above BMI

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    There are some great posts on plateaus...Hopefully someone more savvy than I will post the links! When I feel stuck I go super clean...lean proteins, veggies, lots of water and perfect logging. For me that is cutting out fruit and dairy. Those last few pounds are the most challenging to get off though...good luck and congratulations on your success so far!
  • Lorilu68
    Lorilu68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Will give that a try
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your logging? Are you using a food scale? The closer you get to goal the more critical it is to tighten that up. Additionally, as you've lost weight your calorie needs go down but so should your rate of loss. With 20 lbs to lose you should be aiming for 0.5 lb/week.

How long have you been plateaued?
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As per both replies, plus I would look to increase the fibre (which includes whole fruits), as that helps to push everything through your system, and your body needs to work a little harder to extract the nutrients. Make sure you're having enough water too as that helps to flush your system as well.
  • sethrow1984
    sethrow1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this seems odd but try and add a refeed day in. Just one full cheat meal. An extra 100 carbs or so. Then go back to your normal routine. I have seen from people that it helps kick your body back into gear. Also on a side note and probably a dumb question but have you reset your goals to your new weight? If not you may just be maintaining
  • JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know this seems odd but try and add a refeed day in. Just one full cheat meal. An extra 100 carbs or so. Then go back to your normal routine. I have seen from people that it helps kick your body back into gear. Also on a side note and probably a dumb question but have you reset your goals to your new weight? If not you may just be maintaining

This