Is drinking to much water bad for you?

Options
jEsSiE2350
jEsSiE2350 Posts: 24 Member
Hi yall i was just asking i drink water all day long i was just wondering if dinking to much can be bad or good for your body What other drinks are good for weight loss?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, drinking too much water can kill you, but most people don't nearly hit that as it has to be in a short time frame.

There really aren't any drinks for weight loss, as all you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. But as for no/low-calorie drinks, many users will drink coffee (black), tea, or diet soda.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water is probably safe - though not necessary. Drinking TOO MUCH - is clearly not a good idea. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Only if there isn't a toilet nearby and you gotta pee bad.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jEsSiE2350
    jEsSiE2350 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is green tea good for you?
  • meganashleighprice
    Options
    No drinking water isnt bad for you, as long as your going to the toilet often its fine. If your exercising drink plenty as water retention makes you weigh heavier. Water also fills you up so your not wanting food all the time. Aim for 1.5ltr.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    jEsSiE2350 wrote: »
    Is green tea good for you?
    @jEsSiE2350 Hi :smiley: Green tea is fine as long as one is aware that it's not a magic cure for weigh loss like magazines, TV and internet ads would like us to believe. They make money off the ads, that's why you see that 'magic cure' Hocus Pocus all over about drinking green tea for quick weight loss.

Is that more what you were asking about in regards to "is green tea good for you?"

I drink it on occasion as well as other types of tea and enjoy it. I drink decaf though because I'm a high energy person without it and caffeine would be too much for me. :laugh:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yes too much of anything (including water) can be a bad thing.
  • carolineacosta
    carolineacosta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes too much water can be very very bad for you you can actually kill you I think the rule is a half an ounce for each pound that you way.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It depends on the context. For most people in most situations, drinking too much water will just mean you have to pee a lot. It would be very difficult for most people to drink so much water so quickly that it would harm them. But if you are doing a hard workout, especially in hot weather, and you're sweating a lot, it is dangerous to drink too much water without also replacing the sodium and other electrolytes you're losing. A sports drink would be more appropriate in that particular situation (http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/hormonal-and-metabolic-disorders/water-balance/overhydration). In general, though, unless you are doing that sort of exercise or you have a medical disorder, you don't need to worry about it.

In terms of weight loss, there is no particular beverage that's "good" for weight loss, as long as it fits into your calorie budget. Green tea won't do anything special to cause you to lose weight, beyond being low in calories. I prefer water and hot tea simply because they're low/no calorie.