Options

Replies

• flutterqueen04
    Options
    :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    We used the traditional Father Daughter dance and I san You Are My Sunshine to my dad as it was our song from when I was a baby. It had to be in the wedding!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    My dad and I did "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor. You know, "You just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I'll come running, just to see you again". Oh, just gives me chills thinking about it!
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We used a slow paced version of "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My dad adopted me when I was 5 and is the best dad ever! I used Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. It was perfect for us. My dad and sister used Unforgettable by Nat King Cole with Natalie Cole and it was lovely.

I really like My Wish by Rascall Flats. It really is exactly how parents should want for the kids they have raised.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used Edwin McCain - Walk With You
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My wedding was just June 18th and my dad and I danced to "May I have this dance" by Scott Krippayne. It's a beautiful song and we both cried through it!!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Daughter of Mine by John McDermott
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    My wedding was just June 18th and my dad and I danced to "May I have this dance" by Scott Krippayne. It's a beautiful song and we both cried through it!!!

Hey - Happy One Month Anniversary! You look REALLY great, by the way.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My dad and I did "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor. You know, "You just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I'll come running, just to see you again". Oh, just gives me chills thinking about it!

Love this one too.
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We used "In my life" - The Beatles. There were no "butterfly kisses" at my wedding - gag! :sick: haha!!

Hey that's the song I danced to with my father! Nothing wrong with it.
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    my wedding is aug 13 im dancing with my dad to MY WISH by Rascall Flatts very pretty but not too mushy. hate that mushy stuff lol!
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    C'mon people - there's only one Father-Daughter wedding song..."Daddy's Little Girl" !!!!!!!!!
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Joe Cocker - you are so beautiful
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cinderella by Stephen Curtis Chapman

This one always makes me think of my daughter. I think it would be a great one!
  • kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    My dad and I danced to Louis Armstrong What a Wonderful World..it was one of my dad's favorite songs
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I loved her first- Heartland

this is my favorite!

or i just heard one on the radio by darius rucker "it wont be like this for long" thats very sweet.

or if you arent a country fan, celine dion "because you loved me" :)
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Hey - Happy One Month Anniversary! You look REALLY great, by the way.

Thanks so much! Funny I didn't even realize it had been a month until you said that! I thought about it this weekend but it didn't click this morning. Just texted my hubby to say happy anniversary :smile:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Stealing Cinderella - Chuck Wicks

I came to see her daddy for a sit down man to man

It wasn't any secret I'd be asking for her hand

I guess that's why he left me waiting in the living room by myself

With at least a dozen pictures of her sitting on a shelf

She was playing Cinderella. She was riding her first bike. Bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight

Running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin. Dancing with her dad and looking up at him

In her eyes I'm Prince Charming but to him i'm just some fella -- Riding in and stealing Cinderella
  • hotpot83
    hotpot83 Posts: 88
    Options
    Wind beneath my wings - bette midler