any 5'11 6ftwomen ?

Options
hopemc061915
hopemc061915 Posts: 22 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
im 5'11 and was at 200 pounds when starting im now at 169 but i dont see a difference except iv lost a bit of boobs. iv been setting mini goals of 5 pound lost and hitting them and making a new one. this month iv lost i believe just a pound it got pretty hectic so im now getting back to making sure i excercise a bunch and eat healthier. my main goal is 150 but now im thinking that i got to go lower because im already almost there and not seeing a different. so my question is anyone pretty tall and not see a different till around the end or what was the weight that they felt better. i want to be able to look good in a bikini and not feel like i got to cover up and possibly wear crop tops in the summer.

Replies

• kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Im 5'11 and the lowest iv been was 160 around 10 years ago. I might b a larger frame to you but I was very skinny at that weight. Im currely at 196 I think (im used to talking stones not lbs) but have lost 53lbs. My goal is 170 as this was when I felt my best and im 41 now so it doesnt do women my age any favours to aim too low :-) I think 150 is very low for a nearly 6 foot womam but again u could b a completely different frame to me
    Also 31lbs is huge......ill bet there is a difference, you mustve lost at least 2-dress sizes.
  • frawley23
    frawley23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and 190lb. I'm 50lbs down so far so my weight loss is obviously a bit different but I didn't really notice the first 40lbs really because it came off my arms, upper body, face, calves etc first rather than the places I really looked. The last 10lbs has been bum and thighs which is definitely more noticeable but I carry most of my weight around my hips and very little of that has shifted. I'm pretty confident that when I start losing my problem tummy that I will notice every pound. I'm sure i will be very happy at my goal of 165lbs.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    kermax39 wrote: »
    Also 31lbs is huge......ill bet there is a difference, you mustve lost at least 2-dress sizes.

I beg to differ on dress sizes as it takes more if you're taller and can also depend on your frame. I'm 5'10 and have lost about 25lbs and pretty much am still in the same clothes as when I started (also at 14 stone/196lbs), they just fit better now. I also have such broad shoulders and big rib cage that I'm not convinced I could comfortably fit in the next size down in a fitted dress or shirt even after losing another 10lbs, although I'd definitely be down a size in trousers and skirts. Tall girl problems!

OP, 31lbs is excellent and your approach of losing 5lbs at a time is sensible. You're doing great!
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think it takes a lot of weight loss to actually go down a dress size for me because at 5'11 There is a lot more of me lengthwise and my weight is spread pretty evenly over me. I do look drastically different according to my friends as my face has slimmed and I am down 77lbs (I was originally 102lbs lost but gained some back). I think anything between 160 and 200lbs is OK for somebody my height, it depends on how muscular you are and your frame, you sort of know when you feel right. I am not tall and fine boned, I am more muscular and solid - more of a cart horse rather than a thoroughbread so I look better being a little heavier but if you are smaller framed then you could go lower, I look a bit gawky and ill if I go too low.
  • swiftiesbuddies
    swiftiesbuddies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Forget the dieting thing now, concentrate on the toning, Pilates and Yoga are the way forward, anything twisting stretching, Cross trainer, step machines and kettlebel workouts will all tone and you will lose the stubborn inches. Excercise the muscles where the fat hides and watch those inches melt away. Ask the Personal trainers for a new excersise every month to target wiast, boobs, bum, thighs etc hit one target spot every 4 weeks and watch the changes work on the basis of 1 inch every 6 weeks if you Gym twice a week, pro rata up or down depending on the number of sessions you do. Get back after the next 4 weeks to update us
  • Southfield3
    Southfield3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5ft 10 162lbs. I feel good at 11 stone, but I have to go hungry to achieve that. I do Pilates, cycling and stick to 1800cals per day. I really want to shift my wobbly tum though.
  • hopemc061915
    Options
    i do usually 6 days at the gym about 30 min cardio and then some weights. or stretching and body weight excercises and 30 min cardio last week i tried to do the insanity video which i wasnt able to do it ever day so im restarting this week so hopefully will be the insanity cardio 30 min a day and then an hour at the gym doing weigjts and body weight excercises. .
  • hopemc061915
    Options
    iknow everyone is different but the bmi chart said after 175 i believe i was classified as no longer overweight just on the larger size of my heights normal range. and then 139 was classified underweight so thats how i came upwith 150.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Forget the dieting thing now, concentrate on the toning, Pilates and Yoga are the way forward, anything twisting stretching, Cross trainer, step machines and kettlebel workouts will all tone and you will lose the stubborn inches. Excercise the muscles where the fat hides and watch those inches melt away. Ask the Personal trainers for a new excersise every month to target wiast, boobs, bum, thighs etc hit one target spot every 4 weeks and watch the changes work on the basis of 1 inch every 6 weeks if you Gym twice a week, pro rata up or down depending on the number of sessions you do. Get back after the next 4 weeks to update us

Um, no, no, no. That's not how it works
  • arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

Um, no, no, no. That's not how it works

Lol'd at the idea of asking a trainer for an exercise to target my boobs :D
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall. I started out being very obese, I've lost about 70lbs so far (still obese), and have only gone down one size. Maybe two.

At taller heights, it seems to be pretty common to take more weight loss to lose a size.
  • Kodekai1988
    Kodekai1988 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Definitely takes more weight loss to lose a size when you have height.

I've gone down one size with 24lbs of weight loss at 5'10.5 - granted I have gone from the large end of UK 12 to the small end of UK 10 but still.

150 lbs seems sensible to me? Depending on frame and muscle. I am small boned (properly - tiny rib cage, lanky sort of giraffe person) and still have a legitimate amount of body fat to lose at 145lbs. But a friend of mine is the same height and approx 155lbs and would look gaunt if she lost weight.
  • Paigedammit
    Paigedammit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5 11.Yep,takes a whooole lot longer for weight loss to show in us tall girls :) .The smallest I've been was 150,and,well,I was kind of a babe!Haha.Seriously,though,I noticed a big change once I got into the 150's.Hang in there :)