Hydroxycut?

Options
Hello. I've recently started taking Hydroxycut to 'help' during my weight loss plan. Does anyone have advice and/or experiences with this product?

Thanks -

Replies

• imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    Bump....thinking about taking it...curious to see what responses you get.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    would like to know?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My husband took it for a month and his Dr called him telling him to stop because it his bloodwork was all over the scale in a bad way.

I've had more success eating better foods and working out vs when I took that product years ago.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've taken it before. I had the jitters so cut back on how many to take at a time - don't take them late, either or else you might be up all night.

It really didn't do anything for me but I've read a lot about OxyElite Pro on message boards here and some independant research. Still debating on trying them, though.

Good luck!
  • urbanhomesteader
    Options
    i tried it years ago but couldn't stay on it. it made me extremely jittery.
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    I used this product 10 years ago and it gave me really bad jitters. I'm not a fan of diet pills, so I'd personally advice against it. Invest in a great workout program instead for the money. But if you insist on the pill, make sure you eat, eat, eat. Because I wasn't taking in enough calories, I was lightheaded and hypersensitive. After a night of being insanely paranoid, cold sweats, the shakes, and insomnia, I've vowed to NEVER take these pills again. Good luck on this journey!
  • purplecait1212
    Options
    I think it is a bad idea. For one, it was in the news not too long ago for a huge stock having to be recalled (scary!). Also, I took it to try a 'quick fix' diet, and all it does is make you super jittery, weird heart rates, etc. Stick with healthy foods, exercise, and those pounds will come off soon enough. I think anything you lose with pills just comes back on again (and then some) after you stop taking them.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had the same experinces as the others... Very very jittery and my heart felt funny, I would not recommend it.
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My hubby took it and barely lost anything. He was always cranky and had terrible anger. People would set him off and he'd snap. We weren't together at the time. He told me about the experience. He said it's better to do it on your own and he did. He lost 80lbs in 7 months with lots of cardio and high protien and low carb diet. He is a 34 :)
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Hello. I've recently started taking Hydroxycut to 'help' during my weight loss plan. Does anyone have advice and/or experiences with this product?

Thanks -

Dude---just my opinion but I think all that stuff is nothing but a bunch of overpriced hype.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Serious Health Risks

FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported to the FDA.

Liver injury, although rare, was reported by patients at the doses of Hydroxycut recommended on the bottle. Symptoms of liver injury include jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes) and brown urine. Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, light-colored stools, excessive fatigue, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, itching, and loss of appetite.

Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.

FDA urges consumers to stop using Hydroxycut products in order to avoid any undue risk, says Linda Katz, M.D., interim chief medical officer of FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. "Adverse events are rare, but exist," Katz says. "Consumers should consult a physician or other health care professional if they are experiencing symptoms possibly associated with these products...

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    With all the product recalls on it... I'd stay away.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I use Sub -Q. It works well and the only stim is caffine. I get no jitters at all. I almost had a stroke with hydroxycut. I was in and out of consciousness for 4 hours. Look up sub-q.
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I take Hydroxycut but the CLA pills. I've been taking them for about a month now and I notice a difference. Helped me personally get over my plateau that i was stuck at. I drink lots of water, eat right and get in my work outs. Doesn't have caffeine in it, so no jitters or crashes. With these, you take 2 pills right in the morning with a glass of water and 2 pills before you go to bed with water. It has Saffola Oil i believe its called. I did some research and thought that this was good for me... Hope that helps! :)
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I took them back in the late 90's before they took the good stuff out and was at the smallest I've ever been at. I'm currently on a doctor prescribed one atm, and am having good results so far. IMO, I haven't heard the best results since. You can probably get a cheaper version through mail order and give you just as good results.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    None of those pills work, or even help. If they did, we wouldn't have overweight people.
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    A friend of a friend took it and ended up in full organ failure. This happened over a year ago and i believe he's still having major complications. His life will never be the same all to just lose a few quick lbs. Please do not take it, save your life by doing it on your own!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Really not a good thing. I tried it many years ago and didn't see any REAL results, felt jittery all the time and the worst part, felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest.....Do it the right way, exercse and eating right.....you'll feel better about yourself doing all the work in the long run.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Anything that says I cannot eat at any time other than the meals they tell me with no snacks is never going to be in my possession. I work out. Hard. My body tells me when I need fuel and what kind Not a box.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I take Hydroxycut Max a couple times a week, mostly on days when I'm at work. Has it helped? Maybe, maybe not. I've been losing around 1-5 pounds a week. I do feel a little less hungry and a lot more energetic when I take them. I don't feel jittery or sick or anything like that.

I got them to give my loss a kick start. I'm changing my food & exercising more. I'm doing the hard stuff and not relying on a pill to make me lose weight. But if it helps, even with 5-10lbs, then that's okay by me.

I do know that once I finish this bottle, I won't be getting any more. Not because I've had any problems with Hydroxycut, but because I'm going to try a fat burner that a friend of mine recommended.