Best Veggie Burger?

Options
I am stopping at the grocery store after work today and was thinking of picking up some Veggie Burgers, but I have no idea where to start. It's been a LONG time since I've had a veggie burger. My mom used to make them when I was younger and I think she used Boca Burgers.

Suggestions on the best tasting? Healthiest? Just your favorite in general?

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bump because I am curious too!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the morningstar tomato basil pizza burger, I know plenty of non vegetarians that rave about these too!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    my homemade ones :)

But seriously, i like the morningstar farms grillers prime. They have a "meaty" taste to them (if that makes any sense....) I heard they make a quarter pounder version as well that is mighty tasty, but i haven't had it myself yet!

spicy black bean is good too, but be warned - it actually is spicy!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you have a Costco in your area, the Kirkland veggie burgers are excellent. If not, Yves veggie burgers (mushroom based) are pretty nummy too!
  • wdayton
    wdayton Posts: 18
    Options
    I like the spicy black bean.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Dr. Praeger's!!! I love the Tex Mex and the California :) They're really good, especially with a big dollup of plain fat-free yogurt on top!
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm at work, so I don't have the nutritional count with me, but we just tried the "Veggie Patch" brand meatless burgers and I loved it! We are not vegetarians, but we were thinking about taking part in the Meatless Monday craze, lol We also tried their Chick'n Nuggets and we could barely tell the difference!
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love the Morning Star burgers!! They have a California Turkey burger with avacados and tomato its WONDERFUL!!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I love the Black Bean burgers!!! Lil bit of spice :) YUM!
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    Lick's makes an amazing veggie burger. It's their "nature burger" and the same one's they sell in the restaurants. I know meat eaters who will order the veggie burgers there. Mmmm so tasty!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

But seriously, i like the morningstar farms grillers prime. They have a "meaty" taste to them (if that makes any sense....) I heard they make a quarter pounder version as well that is mighty tasty, but i haven't had it myself yet!

i too like the prime grillers, my very anti veggie husband even thought it was good. I just bought the black bean ones, and glad theyre spicy, thats what i love!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I like the Morningstar farms spicy black bean or the gardenburger black bean chipotle. I also like making them! They aren't hard at all and you can make them into patties and freeze them individually!
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Morningstar Spicy Black Bean! YUM!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Burgers :)
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options

Agreed on both counts, but you can also add the Boca flame-grilled to the list. Very tasty. Especially with dijon mustard.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had this one kind, but I LOVE them. They are Morningstar Farms Grillers Original. They are super tasty and I prefer them to "regular" hamburgers (and I'm not vegetarian). Not spicy at all, which I don't like spicy stuff, so just thought I'd throw that out there for you :)
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm a long time vegetarian and I think most of the ones available in the grocery stores are pretty gross. They have a lot of ingredients including soy and wheat, which bother a lot of people. I make my own from this recipe and they are amazing! And only about $0.20 per patty :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/carrot-rice-nut-burger/detail.aspx
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love the Morningstar ones. They are high in sodium like a lot of veggie burgers, but eating them in moderation is the key! My favorite flavor is the Asian Veggie version... I do 2 of those mashed up in a pita with a sprinkle of cheese, fresh spinach, bell peppers, and fat free italian dressing. One of my fave meals!
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had this one kind, but I LOVE them. They are Morningstar Farms Grillers Original. They are super tasty and I prefer them to "regular" hamburgers (and I'm not vegetarian). Not spicy at all, which I don't like spicy stuff, so just thought I'd throw that out there for you :)

Ditto that. I even took one to a cookout I went to where I knew they were serving fatty burgers. They are that good! I like to grill them and then stuff them in a 1/2 a whole wheat pita with some tzatziki, feta cheese and lettuce. Soo good!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you want something that tastes closest to a hamburger, the Morningstar burgers are the best. I like all of the veggie burgers I have tried, so I go for the one with the lowest calories, the Boca Vegan Original. This patty has only 70 calories and I really like it. If I were a little pickier, I would spend the extra calories and go for the "meatier" burger.