17lbs down, 157lbs to go!

Options
ocaudle704
ocaudle704 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm looking for some friends who are devoting their lives to fitness and eating healthy. I have many different things that I am working to cut out of my diet. I'm wanting to cut animal products, things with added sugar, high carb intakes, etc. I am taking a PE class online that has me creating and executing a workout plan including cardio, resistance, and flexibility exercises. I plan on adhering to it which I'm on this journey. Please feel free to add me or comment below and I'll add you. Either way! Thank y'all!

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.
  • supadaverun
    supadaverun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to wish you good luck! 17 down = awesome! I've lost 140lbs. The thing to remember is that you WILL have your down times. (frustration, plateaus, binge, hunger). When you do, "let it go." Get angry, but let it go and keep moving forward. Don't weigh yourself too often. Concentrate on your goal!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Just curious, but what is your reasoning for wanting to cut out animal products? Is it for moral reasons or perceived health benefits?
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey! We have similar stats - I'm 30 lbs down and I have 145 lbs to go! I sent you a request! :)
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have 23 pounds down and 43 to go. Feel free to add me! I have cut out "added sugar" and refuse to replace it with artificial sweeteners. Even just 23 pounds off, I feel fantastic and definitely am feeling the benefits of cutting out added sugar.
    By "added sugar" I am talking adding sugar to tea, etc. I have had a few desserts that had sugar in them, so I am not 100% off of sugar. But I was a sweet iced tea addict and drank a Coke or Pepsi about once a day.
    As of today, I have not had any soda/pop or sweetened tea since August. I plan to never go back to it.
    My only suggestions would be to log everything you eat, drink plenty of water, and instead of pondering all the food you are giving up, think about all the healthy food you are now eating!
    Best of luck with your healthy eating. You are not alone.
    :)
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was low carb - I have shed lots of weight because of it. I also cut way down on chocolate (not out - we have to have chocolate, right?? :# ). The next biggest thing that helped was cutting out soda completely. I tried to drink a tiny bit a little while ago but it grossed me out, I can't even remember the last time I had a full glass of that junk in the past. I drink water 99 % of the time but also cut out beer, which is loaded with calories. How I feel not eating all that crap is beyond words - it's just amazing.
  • blobinlb
    blobinlb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you !!! I don't know how eliminating everything will work for you , I've tried every diet out there and it always comes back to calories in and calories out!! But then again I've been trying to lose 50 pounds for a million years and now I'm pretty sure it's 75 pounds
  • dbpulido
    dbpulido Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Dolores, I am new to this app but I've lost 6 lbs since the new year begun. I am also on a new journey of becoming vegetarian, meat has always upset my stomach and I'm wanting to respect my body more. I'm always up for swapping recipes or a friend to talk to!
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Feel free to add me
  • Carlos0690
    Carlos0690 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi well done on losing the weight you've lost and good luck on your journey to lose more . I'm looking for motivational friends who are on a similar journey so you can add me if you want . If not I wish you all the best , and stay strong :)
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November.

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far ....I have lost 91 lbs. as of this morning...it has taken me 2 years but that is okay....You are welcome to add me ....I am wishing you much more success on your journey :)
  • screamingnoodle
    screamingnoodle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!!