Trouble going over goal calories

Options
So my calorie intake is 1,680. I seem to keep going over by 2-309 calories but I feel it's because I over eat. Any suggestions on what to eat to stay fuller. Or things I can do to stay fuller ?

Replies

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    - Eat with your non dominant hand ( you'll eat less)
    - 30 minutes after a meal I drink unsweetened natural tea followed by a cup of water try to drink 2 cups a day( add some raw ginger to the tea and it will curb your hunger)
    - Don't waste too many calories on sugar snacks or oils
    - Flush your teeth the minty floss will make u not want to eat
    - Don't eat out
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Try eating more satiating foods that are high in either protein, fat, or fiber. Personally, protein keeps me fullest for the longest amount of time, but you'll have to experiment a bit to see what works for you.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    exercise more and eat what keeps you happy:) fast 30-45 min walk and your all set
  • thetwudu
    thetwudu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try eating more satiating foods that are high in either protein, fat, or fiber. Personally, protein keeps me fullest for the longest amount of time, but you'll have to experiment a bit to see what works for you.

I'm glad you said figure out what works for you. Protein has NEVER kept me from hunger. And that's always the generic answer. For me it's always been fiber (legumes), healthy fats like nuts, and acidic fruits like oranges.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    thetwudu wrote: »

I'm glad you said figure out what works for you. Protein has NEVER kept me from hunger. And that's always the generic answer. For me it's always been fiber (legumes), healthy fats like nuts, and acidic fruits like oranges.

agree protien doesnt keep my full and satisfied. i need fat and fiber.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Get a jar of banana peppers. Zero calories, spicy and can eat as much as you want.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Get a jar of banana peppers. Zero calories, spicy and can eat as much as you want.

8 calories per ounce.

Not a lot of calories, but they're certainly not zero and will add up if you eat as much as you want.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Fat is satiating per volume, but because it's so calorie dense, it's not very satiating per calorie. It's good for making food palatable, but use it in moderation.
  • brewerfan13
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

8 calories per ounce.

Not a lot of calories, but they're certainly not zero and will add up if you eat as much as you want.

Kroger brand I have are zero
  • brewerfan13
    Options

8 calories per ounce.

Kroger banana pepper rings
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

8 calories per ounce.

They can play with serving sizes and they can list them as zero calories if it's <5 cal per serving. The cooking spray oils you can buy advertise that they're zero calories also - but that's for a 1/3 second spray, and they're still oil so if you use a tablespoon's worth of those "zero calorie" cooking sprays, you're looking at the same amount of calories as if you had used a tablespoon of olive oil.