I've gained weight over the last year and now I want to lose it back!

Options
Hi there. I am not new to MFP, and I've lost weight years ago. Lately I've enrolled in online courses and I find myself sitting most of the day. I am eating regularly but not exactly healthy. I know what I've got to do but I am having a hard time disciplining myself to get up and workout or eat in portions. What can I do to help me? I'm lacking motivation. :(

Replies

• jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My attitude totally shifts once I'm in the rhythm, though, and you might remember it's not so bad. I'd say just start logging without paying attention to the calorie goal at first just to analyze what you've been eating and see where there's excess. Then I think soon enough you'll be able to look at your diary and see where you can cut a bit. Soon enough you'll be back on track logging and trying to stay in the green.

This is my second time on MFP. I am taking it slower this time, I set my goal to lose 0.5 lb/wk. Something is better than nothing!
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response. This really makes sense. Start slow, but start somewhere.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED to workout, eat anything special or do anything out of the ordinary. Just eat in a calorie deficit. It really is that simple.