can anyone in the UK advise me of some good scales?

Options
i recently bought some scales from argos. they are the argos colours brand and are useless! one minute i am 12.2st then when i move it somewhere else it says 11.13. then when i kept it in the exact same place and tried it again it went back to 12.2. im so frustrated! so i know that just having it in a different place each time isnt the problem if it still does it when i havent even moved it!
i used to have the weight watchers scales and i dont rate them on accuracy either.
has anyone got any reliable ones that you recommend and arent too expensive?

Replies

• kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I really like my Garmin Index scales (ooh shiny) but they are pretty pricey - having said that, they break your weight down into bf percentage, water, bone weights, BMI, etc.

We have manual scales in the bathroom but they are different each time I stand on them - if I use them 3 times in a row I see what you see (two weights are the same, one is way out).
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ahh yes they are a bit out of my price range lol
  • frannyupnorth
    frannyupnorth Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Salter Ultra Slim Analyser Bathroom Scales on Amazon, currently on sale at £9.99
    You probably can't go too wrong with brands like Salter and Tanita

Also make sure that you put your scales on a hard flat surface, lino and carpet are not good
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Salter Ultra Slim Analyser Bathroom Scales on Amazon, currently on sale at £9.99

Also make sure that you put your scales on a hard flat surface, lino and carpet are not good

Another vote for Salter ones. I have the glass ones and they are great.
  • KTRCZ
    KTRCZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I bought these a couple of weeks ago off eBay
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111904591849
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Salter, and I second the advice to use a hard flat surface.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i have a set of salter scales. i weigh myself in same place (hard floor surface) but i do have to do it twice as mine also starts off 2 lbs heavier the first time, so once its reset i weight myself again and use that measurement. (both times the scales are in the exact same position no movement, step on / step off - let it RESET - Step on again and use that result)
  • MariaJ22
    MariaJ22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just purchased some Salter scales today on the recommendation of a friend - she loves hers!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I bought the weight watchers ones out of argos couple of years ago, they're only about £12 but they're pretty accurate (always matched what doctor's ones said when I went for pill check) and also do body fat/water analysis. Maybe it's from moving them around.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have a Salter scale as well ... this one looks close to what I have, and I did find it at a Tesco Extra (or whatever the bigger stores are called). I also have a Salter kitchen scale, as as one by Terraillon (can't find an exact match, this one is close). All three scales have worked flawlessly.

And yes, find a hard flat surface for consistent results. My bathroom scale came with alternative feet (something spike-like) for use on carpets, but I tested them out on a carpet and found the measurements to be all over the place. Thankfully, our bathroom is hard/flat, so I binned the spikes.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Another vote for Salter ones. I have the glass ones and they are great.

Just sending my salter ultimate accuracy Ines back. They were way out. By 6 lbs. I'll stick yo good old fashioned manual salter one. Only problem is they don't show up small increments of weight loos do you have to wait for a whoosh of weight loss

• katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the weight watchers one and the same problem with you with accuracy. My problem is that every room is carpet in my house so I have bought some carpet scale adaptors to help lol!