It's only week 2, I can't be stalled! What?

Options
2»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Be patient. If you are in a calorie deficit, you are losing fat. Weight loss is not linear.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If you've started exercise your weight loss will definitely NOT be linear and it may even go up as your body repairs your muscle tissue and will retain extra water.

I did an hour long bootcamp session yesterday after not really exercising for the last year (apart from walking) I ache like hell this morning and the scale was up 2 pounds, its just water.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    A few days isn't enough time to count as a stall. Your weight will fluctuate daily; it's the downward trend over time you want to watch for.
  • SteveC_71
    SteveC_71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation, started back up a couple of weeks ago with about 40lbs to lose. First week big results with a 8lbs loss and then last 5 days reasonable static. I'm not worried as I know that over time it will all even out and that the first week loss was just a readjustment to my new diet. If it hasn't changed in 2 weeks time then I'll be more concerned but for the time being it's business as usual.

As for weighting in weekly or daily, I do every morning but then I'm not getting to hung up on the day to day figures but the trend over the weeks ahead.