Insanity Diet

Options
I'm really confused about how many calories I need to take in.
Based of the insanity diet I'm suppose to take in 2520 calories, and that's Moderately active.
Now my fitness pal tells me I need 1670 calories and that lightly active. Even very active is still less than the insanity calories. Which one should I go by? I don't want to go by the insanity and take in all those calories and I don't need to.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to adjust to real life results. If you are hungry, eat more. If you aren't losing (assuming that is your goal), eat less.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    How are the insanity diet calories calculated? Does it use your height, weight and goals or is it an arbitrary figure for everyone following the programme?
  • rouge001
    rouge001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Had the same calorie outcome I just went for the standard 1900 and seeing how it goes
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    nycnina07 wrote: »
    I'm really confused about how many calories I need to take in.
    Based of the insanity diet I'm suppose to take in 2520 calories, and that's Moderately active.
    Now my fitness pal tells me I need 1670 calories and that lightly active. Even very active is still less than the insanity calories. Which one should I go by? I don't want to go by the insanity and take in all those calories and I don't need to.

MFP tells you that you need 1670 PLUS exercise calories. So still not a match but closer than you're indicating.