Do you eat your heavier meals early or late

Options
2»

Replies

• AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a little, often, so my "meals" tend to be around the same amounts. I also have a funky schedule, so that is often just easier for me to snack on and off all day. If I DO eat proper meals, my heaviest tends to be dinner, but sometimes it's lunch if I'm working the evening shift at work. Occasionally I'll have a late and big brunch.

TL;DR, it depends
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Middle
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Question for everyone. I usually do dinner with more calories.

I try and get my carbs in me after the gym (I workout in the morning) so my breakfast is 7-9 oz of chicken and 1 serving of this rice thing I make (it's just rice and veggies)
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Lunch, I do big lunch. Smaller breakfast and supper. I can more easily skip breakfast or supper, too, without really suffering. I'm thin and have consistently confounded my co-workers over the years because they see me eating enough for two or three people at lunch, but I am more restrained with the other meals.

Occasionally I'll have a big breakfast and light lunch, or not eat much in the day because supper will be big, but 90% of the time the mid-day meal is the big one for me, and that is what feels best.
  • bobbi55
    bobbi55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a larger dinner. I have a very physical job so I find it easy to eat a smaller breakfast and lunch and have a nice relaxing larger dinner.
  • md78245
    md78245 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Late
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I usually eat more than half my calories in the evening.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a big brunch and a slightly bigger dinner lately.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to eat a small breakfast and lunch, but start to feel deprived if I can't have a substantial dinner. So I have 40-50% of my calories for breakfast and lunch, and the rest for dinner and a snack.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    depends on my hunger level and what i have available. sometimes i'll have a light breakfast and a big dinner, and on other days i will eat 2/3 of my calorie allowance for breakfast, and a very light dinner.when there are leftovers, i will usually have them as breakfast.if i have to cook,it will be a big afternoon meal and nothing for dinner.Every day is different really.
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Early usually, often around 400-500 calories to start off then I'll stagger the rest through the day as snacks or light meals since I'm busy with my art and writing.
  • gyp5012
    gyp5012 Posts: 122 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My dinner is usually the biggest but that's because I probably didn't eat enough during the day.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Typically dinner is my biggest.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I probably eat 65% of my calories between 4:00 and 7:00 PM with dinner and dessert. I usually eat a lighter high protein breakfast and then a small snack mid-day. However, most of my eating is done in 8 hours a day.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    There's usually not a huge difference, but typically a little more later.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My largest meal is always dinner in the evenings. It doesn't matter when you eat your food, don't let anyone tell you different. I fell for the "eat your biggest meal at lunch or breakfast" crap for many years. It made no difference whatsoever. You'll always weigh less after fasting (and using the bathroom obviously) (like after sleeping/mornings before you eat) and always weigh more after you eat. Timing of meals really doesn't matter unless you're doing specific training and even then it is suspect that it still doesn't matter because you can't instantly digest food. Your body runs on the food and energy it stored by digesting food hours or a day prior.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Dinner. A lot of times I ride (horses) after work, so am most hungry when I get home.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I can't eat heavy meals at all due to digestive issues. Instead, I eat small meals every 2 hours or so.