Any other spoonie's?

Options
Hi everyone! I've been using MFP on and off for the last few years I lost 3 stone back in 2012/2013. Due to chronic pain & steroids I've pilled it back on due to my meds!

I have fibromyalgia, myalgic encephalomyelitis, ehlers-danlos syndrome, sjogren's syndrome & PCOS.

Ive always in the past gave up and gone back to eating rubbish but I want to feel as good as possible. That's kinda tough with my illnesses.

I'd love to make some friends just send a friend request over.

Good luck to everyone on there weight loss journey 2017 is our year!!

Xo

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have crohn's with a lot of systemic symptoms. Gotta love autoimmune disorders!
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pulmonary Fibrosis. Like you, I've struggled and have gone off track dealing with these issues, I've lost 60 pounds, but have gained 20 back and currently working on losing that 20, plus finally getting to goal (or healthy!) :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    HI! I have Lupus and RA (a "symptom" of Lupus)! Lots of good support groups on here and some motivational friends.
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    Lyme Disease here. It's a struggle, but it IS possible.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    HI! I have Lupus and RA (a "symptom" of Lupus)! Lots of good support groups on here and some motivational friends.

I should have mentioned I have arthritic pain and chronic fatigue from crohn's plus lovely brain fog and other AI issues
  • whiplashy
    whiplashy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have ME too and recently diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. Previously lost 84 lbs but gained back 70 due to months of steroids :/ Decreasing my steroid dose at the moment and hope to be completely free of them by the end of Feb. It's tougher for us but we can do it!
  • Justjayde1984
    Justjayde1984 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've just had a full hysterectomy and medication now have piled the weight on.......We can all encourage one another.
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I have a daugher with Ehlers-Danlos...I've not been properly tested, but I'm pretty sure it comes from me. I have the chronic fatigue, arthritis, myalgias, pernicious anemia, thoracic outlet syndrome, and a variety of other annoyances. I've found that low impact exercises, such as yoga, and a diet low in (yup, I'm going to say it) gluten helps me and my daughter best with not only our weight, but our symptoms.