Logging black coffee?

Options
I don't typically log the black coffee I drink. I was curious if anyone else does? I have between 2 and 5 cups a day (I love the stuff) but always black without cream or sugar. From my understanding the calories are so low that not logging it shouldn't impact me much, but I wanted to get some consensus if that is the case or not.

Replies

• Coltsforlife84
    Coltsforlife84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i never log it . i drink 2-3 a day
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I don't log the coffee. I occasionally add a shot of milk, and I do log that.
  • rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has about 5-7 calories a cup, there's no need to log it.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think 5 cups of black coffee is 12 calories. It is one of the things I automatically throw in daily but it's obviously not going to make a big difference if you don't.
  • ibemtb
    ibemtb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I log mine. But its a bit confusing... One option says 5 calories per cup, another says 0.. I choose the 5
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I log my 9 calories of coffee every day. I don't know why--I just do. I do not, however, log the calories from chewing gum or my vitamins.
  • cheryls1mx3
    cheryls1mx3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't typically log the black coffee I drink. I was curious if anyone else does? I have between 2 and 5 cups a day (I love the stuff) but always black without cream or sugar. From my understanding the calories are so low that not logging it shouldn't impact me much, but I wanted to get some consensus if that is the case or not.

I log it just to make sure but that's because im pure anal lol
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    when I logged, I logged it for a time and then found it to be rather pointless given the minuscule calories...if I was going over, I sure as heck wasn't going to put the blame on my coffee.

This. Once I switched to black coffee, I stopped logging it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I log it and water to keep track of how much I'm drinking, but not for calories. I'm actually thinking about stopping as I'm drinking the same # of coffee's (3) every morning and I'm getting enough water. Just not sure I can break the habit.
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee, but that's because it's half coffee and half milk. I created a recipe for it and enter it each morning now. Green tea and hot tea I don't enter because they are negligible calories, so I wouldn't worry about it for you and your black coffee.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I log it but only because I don't drink it black and I don't want people thinking I am some weirdo who just likes to drink almond milk or creamer with truvia and SF torani syrup. :)

I've definitely thought that about some of the people on my news feed. :D
  • sherilynca
    sherilynca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BBCode Hi, I log it but manually put it in as 0. I drink it black. Is that wrong?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I log it but only because I don't drink it black and I don't want people thinking I am some weirdo who just likes to drink almond milk or creamer with truvia and SF torani syrup. :)

bahaha that's why i log tea. Other wise it would look like my breakfast consists of milk and milk! Why i care what other people think, i do not know :anguished:
  • marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cool so sounds like I'm not doing anything wrong by not logging it :D
  • brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I log it but that's just because I'm a logging freak. log my vitamins and water too even though they have no calories. I like to be able to look back and see what works or doesn't work for me
  • janiski2
    janiski2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log coffee because I add FF half'n half and splenda. I also created a recipe for all my coffee intake coz I do mix it up to have Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks too (recipe makes it easy to add). I also log my vitamins because there are some calories attached to them.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins as a way of reminding me to take them. I don't fuss over the 14 cals added.