Lose 50 pounds

Options
tburgess242002
tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
Can anybody tell me how many calories I should be eating a day the minimum 1200 to lose 50 pounds

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What does MFP tell you?
  • tburgess242002
    Options
    I should be losing weight but I'm not I will look for hidden calories found a few register everything right now
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it trying to lose?
  • tburgess242002
    edited January 2017
    Options
    03 years now maybe four years
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you logging consistently and accurately everyday, following your suggested MFP calorie goal?
  • tburgess242002
    Options
    Logged in for the over 850 days so yes I logging every day and is accurate as I can be
  • jtuggle25
    jtuggle25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1800 Calories a day or less to lose 2 pounds a week

• tburgess242002
    Options
    Thank you
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    jtuggle25 wrote: »
    1800 Calories a day or less to lose 2 pounds a week

That all depends on his age,height,weight and his activity level(TDEE,etc). its not going to be the same for everyone.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you arent losing/gaining anything then either you are eating more than you think(maintenance calories),your logging is way off, or something else. do you weigh your food on a food scale? food packaging serving sizes can be off by up to 20%. it really does pay to weigh foods in most cases.do you eat exercise calories back? if so you could also be over estimating your burns too. also a lot of MFP entries are incorrect too even those from scanned labels or green check marked,cross referencing can help you figure out if its a correct entry or not.

I would honestly first input my info into mfp and select your weight loss goal(anything over 75lbs select 2lb/week, 75-50 will be around 1.5 lbs/week, 50-25 will be 1lb/week and anything less than 25 go for .5lbs a week),get a food scale(they are cheap),weigh all your solids and semi solids in grams and all your liquids in cups/spoons(although you can use the scale too if you have one that weighs in fl oz). and pick correct entries,eat only 50-75% of your exercise calories back. if you dont lose then eat a little less of them back,if you lose to fast eat more back.

trust me I learned the hard way about not weighing my food. I thought using cups and serving sizes on packages were correct until I started gaining back my weight I lost. I came here,got a scale and it was eye opening and I started losing the weight again.every little thing adds up. do this for a few months and see where you are, then if you arent losing its time to see a dr to rule anything out.
  • tburgess242002
    Options
    Thank you