New to this app and looking for a weightloss buddy around 300lbs

Options
ezanettev
ezanettev Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
I am 305lbs looking to loose 125lbs to get to 180lb. I want a buddy to help lose weight share tips and chit chat about daily fat struggles. Thanks!

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out at 330, and have made it down to 278 and still have over 100 to go to get to the top of my goal range (160s). Been there, and totally get it.

Welcome! :)
  • ezanettev
    Options
    That great for you! Any main tips you can give me? I laugh when I think about how upset I was when I reached 200lbs and now I'm at 300lb. Go figure! We got this! People say that nothing taste better than skinny feels. Well nothing tastes worse than fat feels. Lol
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My best advice is don't look at how far you have left to go. Divide it up into mini goals, every 10 pounds or something, and work toward that. Give yourself small rewards along the way. Nail polish. A new book. A manicure or pedicure. Some small treat. A charm bracelet, then add a new charm every 10 pounds. Celebrate without food. 10 pounds is not an insignificant amount.

It can be overwhelming if you focus on "I have 100 pounds to lose." Focus on getting to 299. then 290, then 280. and so on. You'll get there, eventually. Don't be in a rush. Don't play the "How few calories can I eat today without going insane?" game.

Also, don't give up if you have a bad day. One little mistake is not going to make you gain it all back. Get up, dust off, and keep going. :)
  • ezanettev
    Options
    Very true about not looking at the 100lbs to go. 10 lbs at a time sounds great.
  • SparklingPunch
    SparklingPunch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with a similar weight and goal and looking for the same thing in a friend. Feel free to add me!
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Very close here! I am down to 286 but started at 300. I will send a friend request!
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm about 305, give or take water weight. Lol feel free to add me!! Always looking for new friends to chat with
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm about 280, 5'8", and 28 years old.

Let's be friend. :blush:
  • EbonyWhiteMage
    EbonyWhiteMage Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a tad bit higher starting but my end goals are similar would love to make friends!