IIFYM - Need Help

Options
I'm new to all of this and trying to understand it all. Upon a few day review it looks like my fats are WAY out of control and is probably a part of my problem. Today for example, I have 151 protein, 121 carb and 10 fat left (with only supper remaining) but not sure what I can eat to better suit those goals. Does anyone have experience with this and can help me?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It helps if I look at protein and fat as a minimum. If I go over them, I don't stress. And if you're satiated eating that way, why not try upping your fats a bit?
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    those numbers all seem high did you put in your age/height/weight and set your goals in your settings?
    It also may help to view other peoples diaries and see what they are eating and where their numbers are
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    It helps if I look at protein and fat as a minimum. If I go over them, I don't stress. And if you're satiated eating that way, why not try upping your fats a bit?
    Exactly this.

Change your macros as you need to. I had to increase carbs substantially as I started marathon training. Just head into settings and change the % ratio.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    those numbers all seem high did you put in your age/height/weight and set your goals in your settings?
    It also may help to view other peoples diaries and see what they are eating and where their numbers are

I didn't even realize - yeah, protein seems a bit high. It won't hurt you, but it's likely unnecessary for you to be eating that much protein. I would lower protein and up fats.

What are your sex/age/height/weight?
  • necia_m
    necia_m Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used the IIFYM website to do my calculations.
    I'm F/25/5'11"/225
    I've lost 25lbs but have hit a plateau for the past month and thought I would give counting Macros a try. I have watched a lot of youtubers who recommend using the IIFYM website to do the calculations over anything else.
  • necia_m
    Options
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    necia_m wrote: »
    I used the IIFYM website to do my calculations.
    I'm F/25/5'11"/225
    I've lost 25lbs but have hit a plateau for the past month and thought I would give counting Macros a try. I have watched a lot of youtubers who recommend using the IIFYM website to do the calculations over anything else.

What is your activity like? 1920 cal isn't bad and you should be losing. Swap some of the protein for carbs. 192 seems a bit high and unnecessary. Fats seem ok. Why not try 157g protein, 78g fats, 147g carbs. Should be easier to hit goals like this.
  • necia_m
    Options
    Activity is pretty basic really. I try to do 10k + steps a day but I've been super busy and have not made the time lately do about 8k.
  • necia_m
    Options

How do you view other peoples diaries?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you click on a person's name and their diary is public, you can click on their profile and view their diary.

If you open up your own diary (Go to Settings and then Diary settings) and make yours public, you might get some ideas on which areas could use some improvement from other posters.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    w9xb0x62rtz9.png

How do you have 121g carb left when you only have 101g carbs?
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm new to all of this and trying to understand it all. Upon a few day review it looks like my fats are WAY out of control...

Ok when I read this I was watching TV and on first glance thought it said "it looks like my farts are way out of control.

Suffice to say the thread turned out very different.
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    192 g of protein is 0.85 g per pound of body weight (225), which is not at all too high. That's right about the recommended minimum for women (0.8g/pound). It would be helpful to be able to see your diary to see what you are eating and we could help to offer some suggestions.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Soulfood77 wrote: »
    I'm new to all of this and trying to understand it all. Upon a few day review it looks like my fats are WAY out of control...

Ok when I read this I was watching TV and on first glance thought it said "it looks like my farts are way out of control.

Suffice to say the thread turned out very different.

With that much protein they would be