Drop Sugar, Gain Headaches?

13»

Replies

• harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Sugar is not inhernetly bad for you. There is no reason to cut it out.

Whilst I agree with this. Things we eat are either poisonous or not, it's too much of some things that causes issues. I was however reading just yesterday an article regarding altzeimers and possible connections to sugar consumption over a Lifetime (refined sugar/processed foods, in the modern interpretation of processed). I knew I needed to cut down on things and eat more freshly prepared food before...Now I really really want to.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Oh my goodness. I found your post right when I needed it. This makes me feel a lot better.
    I totally forgot this was a thing.

So for the last few days, I've had pretty much a non-stop migraine. Well, it starts on one side of my head, I take some medicine, it leaves for a few hours and then shows up again on the other side. Rinse and repeat. I was thinking I'm going to have to go back to my doctor and tell him my migraine medicine isn't really working anymore.

BUT

about 4 days ago, I threw out all the candy in the house because I had been over-indulging (sneaking ~4 peppermint patties a day because they were just sitting there). I haven't had any added sugar (I don't take it in my coffee or tea and I don't really use it in cooking) for days.

Ok. My head is probably ok. Probably won't need an emergency appt. with the neurologist. WHEW.
    So some people are saying a week? Ugh...three more days of this, then.