Holidaying in Rome- need help

Options
I have been really pleased with my progress and have lots 6.6kilos in 2weeks (a lot I suppose was Christmas weight coming off). I cut sugar from my diet (including fruit for now) and have felt fantastic for it. But now I am on holiday with my boyfriend in Rome and am so tempted by the pastries, breads and ice cream

Replies

• adelasculean
    adelasculean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, stay strong...are there low fat versions you can get?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're on holiday, enjoy yourself!
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can eat a restaurant La Base......open 12:00-04:30 ROME
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Zerofastfood Rome can find Dunkan diet ...hypocaloric diet......protein diet..bread no carb...spaghetti no carb.....
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Walk it all off! Rome is great for wandering and burning off those calories. Enjoy the food there, remember to control portion sizes and don't overeat although it may be tempting!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the pastries, bread and Icecream..... And do lots of sightseeing on foot!
  • Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Italian food is awesome, you should enjoy it! Yes, you'll probably eat a bit more than you should those days, but you're on holiday so you should enjoy yourself! Just make sure to get back on track as soon as you get home. If it's just a few days the damage won't be bad. The initial gain might be shocking because of the water weight, but you'll get back to your old weight in no time.

And as @zipitzippy said, walk! It's tempting to take the metro everywhere but walking is a) better for you and b) you'll get to see more of the sights! Win/win.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Naruya wrote: »
    Italian food is awesome, you should enjoy it! Yes, you'll probably eat a bit more than you should those days, but you're on holiday so you should enjoy yourself! Just make sure to get back on track as soon as you get home. If it's just a few days the damage won't be bad. The initial gain might be shocking because of the water weight, but you'll get back to your old weight in no time.

And as @zipitzippy said, walk! It's tempting to take the metro everywhere but walking is a) better for you and b) you'll get to see more of the sights! Win/win.

The metro in Rome isn't very good anyway, so I second walking!
  • bisky4
    bisky4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree, enjoy yourself, dont miss out on anything. You can pick up where you left off as soon as you return.
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it, you're in Rome!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I live here. There are alot of great places to eat. For gelato--go to Giollitti near the Pantheon. For a great naples-style pizza go to Pizza Re' near Piazza Del Popolo. For 100 different types of spagetti go to L'Archetto not far from the Trevi Fountain. For a great cappuccino go to a bar right behind Fendi. Walk, walk, walk.....and enjoy!
  • Livingmywaytogoodhealth
    Options
    Thanks guys much appreciated! We have walked in the region of 14 miles today all over the city. Made it to the roof top of the Castle of St Angelo 0mqbszds9qaq.jpg
    in time to watch the sunset, incredible! And enjoyed a lovely Spaghetti bolognese
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I went to Rome, Florence and Venice last summer. We walked an average of 10 miles every day. I ate all the foods (including gelato almost every day) and drank all the spritz and didn't gain a pound! Eat the foodz. Walk, walk, walk. And enjoy this incredible opportunity. Life is too short!
  • kristinann308
    kristinann308 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I lived in Rome for 4 months, never counted a calorie and enjoyed all the food and came back 15 lbs. lighter due to the massive amounts of walking I did. Enjoy your vacation and no worries about the food. Pretty sure gelato was an almost daily occurrence for me ha!