Really struggling to lose weight

Options
Last year I managed to get to a good weight and now I seem to be piling it on even though I work out! I wouldn't say I eat loads either so it's really annoying me!!!

I eat chicken aribiata for tea and few glasses of prosecco which maybe a yogurt or packet of mini cheddars and weekends will pig out on pizza or Chinese.

I work out cardio roughly 400-500 a day plus weights on arms, legs and abs with squats and lunges.

But I'm putting on fat!!! Any help? What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I would say your eating more calories than burning.
  • equidivine
    equidivine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm normally under by 500-800
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Could be the Pizza.....lots of carbs....also watch your sugar intake...check the yogurt label!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    equidivine wrote: »

Are you weighing and logging everything you eat, and measuring and logging all you drink? If not, how do you know? From your original post, you give the impression that you don't log, or know exactly how much you eat.... This will be your biggest downfall,regardless of how much you exercise
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

after pasta for tea with a few glasses of prosecco? really? are you logging the booze? weighing everything you eat with scales?
  • nattyleigh1991
    nattyleigh1991 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can't out exercise a bad diet. Carbs. That's all I see in your post. Carbs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are eating more than you think you are. pigging out on the weekend is likely undoing any possible deficit you carry through the week. and if you are not weighing (ON A FOOD SCALE) everything you eat, you have no way to KNOW what you are eating.

k7mdox772vaz.jpg
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    More than likely your pig outs on the weekends are negating any good you're doing during the week.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You may think you are eating less than you burn, but the scale doesn't lie. You could be logging less food than you are eating or more exercise calories than you are actually burning. You could have your activity level set wrong. In any case, either decrease what you are eating or increase what you are doing and you'll see better results.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open up your diary to the public
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you are consistently gaining weight then you are in a calorie surplus. Your diet is not structured, eating out is fine but calories are only an estimate, a glass of prosecco can be 100 calories.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    In your profile picture you look pretty slim to me. Assuming you have your weight loss set at .5 pounds per week, and eat whatever on the weekends, that's 5 days of 250 calorie deficits, or 1250 calories burned throughout those five days. All you would have to do is eat a 1250 calorie surplus in those two days to undo all the work for the week. That can easily be done in one meal, or a very calorie dense dessert. Even if you have it set to one pound per week, you can still wipe out any deficit and gain weight. Alcohol has a ton of calories, 7 calories per gram.
  • equidivine
    Options
    Iv opened it up now for you guys to see yes I eat allot of carbs. I'm allergic to allot of stuff. I did the aloe cleanse and lost nothing as I think my body is used to eating one meal a day from when I worked in my grooming salon. Since iv started eating 3 meals I can't seem to mange the weight. Just come back from holiday too over Xmas. Allot of weight is my stomach and love handles. I'm size 12 bottom at moment as muscle is gained super quick with my legs as I used to sprint and horse ride.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Iv opened it up now for you guys to see yes I eat allot of carbs. I'm allergic to allot of stuff. I did the aloe cleanse and lost nothing as I think my body is used to eating one meal a day from when I worked in my grooming salon. Since iv started eating 3 meals I can't seem to mange the weight. Just come back from holiday too over Xmas. Allot of weight is my stomach and love handles. I'm size 12 bottom at moment as muscle is gained super quick with my legs as I used to sprint and horse ride.

its not open?
  • equidivine
    Options
    Sorry now it is didn't press the tick oops
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You either don't log everything or you only eat every few days.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    log everything for 4-6 weeks, stick to your calorie goal, if you're still not losing weight, come back and we will help.

you're not logging everything currently, so you're almost certainly eating more than you think.

also, if you dont eat fruit or veg, get a multi vitamin.