Hello- Love to make some friends ( I need to lose about 100 lbs)

Options
nseantae
nseantae Posts: 29 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All-

I am a 35 year old married mother of four! I am looking for some friends on MFP to help keep me accountable. I have a lot of weight to lose for health reasons and to be able to start to truly enjoy life. I am tired of this weight holding me back.

I plan to log on everyday and log my foods. I am a Type 2 diabetic, but not for long! Please consider adding me as a friend. I think me interacting with people who are in the same situation will be helpful.
I have people around me that don't need to lose any weight, so it gets hard for me when all everyone wants to do is go out to eat. I am looking to set some goals for myself.

I was 295 a month ago, caught flu ( via the flu shot) and as of last week was 285lbs. I have been walking 35 minutes a day and trying to keep my eating in check. If you have any advice, I am open.

My goal weight is 180, but truthfully I will take 1 anything (199.9). This time I am focusing on 1 pound at a time

Wow, that was long.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,758 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome, nseantae. :)
  • Aliteralballofsunshine
    Options
    Welcome.
  • Holly23bgs
    Holly23bgs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm not diabetic but I like to be active here and have active friends. I'm adding you and we can help each other through it :)
  • cms324
    cms324 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I wish everyone the best of luck hitting their target goals. I am a mother of a six-year old daughter and two min pins. My husband works away and we barely see him. I find it difficult to make time to exercise and been eating due to stress. I need to hold myself accountable and to stop eating so much junk. Also, I would like to lose almost 7 lbs. I want to find that healthy balance in life. Because I work full-time, have a side business, my daughter, I want to add in a few "me" minutes to focus on eating healthy, short workouts and being calmer. Overall, praying that it will bring my back to some sort of sanity... THANK YOU!
  • FindingLiz0313
    FindingLiz0313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    welcome take it day by day you got this mama :)
  • catieearl27
    catieearl27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'd like some friends too. I want to lose about 15-20 lbs but I hear you-I go out to eat and out a LOT and food is always around me. I live in Wisconsin....beer and brats! :) You got this!
  • nseantae
    Options
    cms324 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I wish everyone the best of luck hitting their target goals. I am a mother of a six-year old daughter and two min pins. My husband works away and we barely see him. I find it difficult to make time to exercise and been eating due to stress. I need to hold myself accountable and to stop eating so much junk. Also, I would like to lose almost 7 lbs. I want to find that healthy balance in life. Because I work full-time, have a side business, my daughter, I want to add in a few "me" minutes to focus on eating healthy, short workouts and being calmer. Overall, praying that it will bring my back to some sort of sanity... THANK YOU!

I think you may have to wait until.your daughter goes to sleep at night then you will have time to fix healthy meals. Yes, you will miss a little sleep, but it will be worth ir. Meal plan one day a week to cook all of you "healthy" meals. Then park farther away from your work, take the stairs often. Heck... You can walk up and down the stairs for have of you lunch break.

The good thing is, you don't have much to lose. You can do this!
  • nseantae
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'd like some friends too. I want to lose about 15-20 lbs but I hear you-I go out to eat and out a LOT and food is always around me. I live in Wisconsin....beer and brats! :) You got this!

I go to Wisconsin a lot, "The Dell's". Oh and don't for her the cheese!
  • nikkiowenbbc
    nikkiowenbbc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cms324 wrote: »

Hi my OH works away alot,find it hard to stay on top of housework let alone fitting in exercise,I do Davinas new dvd now when the kids are in bed,I love abit of time to myself.xx
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this and welcome. One day at a time and stay focused and it will happen for you, it's not a quick fix you need to be doing this as a lifestyle change good luck
  • Blessed_2
    Blessed_2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm looking @ 100+ pounds to lose. First goal is 199.9. I've got about 48 lbs to reach that. :)
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November.

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim
  • tmharrison1985
    tmharrison1985 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    100+ to lose as well SW: 272.4 CW: 265.4
    I weigh in every 2 weeks on my Payday (next weigh in is the 31st of January. :-) My ultimate goal is 150 but I'll be happy with losing 50-60 pounds by my birthday in July. Please add me if you like. The more friends and supporters the better. I have an open diary and my Calorie Goal is between 1200-1400.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November.

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim

I love your idea of thinking of losing 1 lb 100 times. A really positive approach.