Logging in on everything!

2»

Replies

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    You can customize meals if you eat the same thing frequently.
  • jayjsee
    jayjsee Posts: 46 Member
    I think once you start eating the same type of foods, it becomes easier to track and you'll already have an idea on the calories and nutrients they have.

But I've been logging for quite sometime because I love to eat a little too much so I want to keep track of not eating a week's worth in one day lol.
  • rdfaria
    rdfaria Posts: 4 Member
    Not logging what you eat is like going on a long road trip without a map. Sooner or later you'll get lost and just give up.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    If you aren't going to log everything, just use the feature to quickly add your estimate of the calories. I find tracking helps me on the exceptions, like when I ate a full bag of Doritos. Logging 1,400 calories made the transgression sink in.
  • cesszeld
    cesszeld Posts: 1 Member
    Honestly, I totally get where you are coming from. This is probably my fourth attempt with My Fitness Pal because I would give up after a few days. Logging stuff was irritating and I hated figuring out the portions. I also don't think I was mentally ready to change. Without getting into it, something clicked last week and I've been at it for 7 days now. Doesn't seem like much, but this is the first time I have actually enjoyed logging in my stuff. There's something kind of fun about it. Maybe I have issues, lol. But really, figure out why it's so annoying. Maybe you're not ready. Maybe you don't need it. Maybe calorie counting just isn't for you.

I'm never going to weigh my food or use a scale. That's not practical or anything that I could stick with long-term. I am eating now like I want to eat in the future. No weird diets or fads or extra work. Just legitimately healthy, hearty foods (with the occasional cupcake). I looked up how to eyeball foods and I base my logs on that. Good luck and don't worry about the people giving you crap about it.
  • CanadianMissy
    CanadianMissy Posts: 39 Member
    I log everything. Heck, sometimes I even log for the NEXT day so I can ensure that I make good choices. Or, let's say I am going to a celebration or out to dinner or something. I log my foods for that day so I can be sure to fit it all in the allotment. It really helps!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    I pre-log (a week in advance) and weigh everything. It holds me accountable and then I don't have to think about doing it later on and it super helps with grocery shopping. If I eat a little more/less, I adjust. But I try to stick to exactly what I have on there since it was meticulously scheduled.

I kinda get strange joy out of doing it. Like, hell yeah I'm BA for making it all fit, hitting all or at least most of my macros, and then I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of these tasty meals coming up.

Been doing this for years. It's helped me lose ~121lbs and simply part of my "lifestyle" now. (:
    Good luck!
  • Some people do very well never logging anything. If you are good enough at it that you can keep a mental tally of what you have eaten and what you have left then no need to log. I recall a time when people were able to maintain their weight and lose weight without all of these tracking apps etc... sure these things make it easier but it is possible to do it with out keeping a strict log.