Looking for more vegetarian friends on here for help and advice

Options
I have recently made the decision to become a vegetarian and could do with some support on here and to maybe have a spy on what other veggies eat on a day to Day basis

Replies

• thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been vegetarian for a while now. I eat a lot of the quorn range. Tofu, mince, chicken pieces, chicken sandwich slices. Linda McCartney does a wonderful range too. I love the rosemary and onion sausages and they are only 66 calories per sausage compared to 200 per sausage of pork. I do eat eggs. I don't eat fish. Hope this helps some.
  • reginakarl
    reginakarl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like Linda McCartney's cookbook as it has practical recipes. You could send me a friend request. I am experimenting with garbanzo bean flour too, waffles and pancakes are good. I had some beans and rice with sauted cabbage and that was good. Garbanzo bean flour pancakes and waffles are good. I am going to next work with teff again to see what I can make with it.

I'm struggling with getting 60 grams of protein a day, however.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian most of my life, and I have an open diary. I'm a creature of habit though, so it might not be that interesting!
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am a lifelong vegetarian so don't eat very many quorn processed vege-meats (they look like meat!

I added you :)

I would say: don't assume vegetarian equals healthy and don't let people scare you about protein, it's in loads of stuff but make sure you're eating it (see http://www.nomeatathlete.com/protein)
  • Veejohnson1990
    Veejohnson1990 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifelong vegetarian. No mock meat for me. Let me know if you need specific ideas.
  • Lolamarylola
    Lolamarylola Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I´ve been vegetarian for 6 years, so feel free to add me! This is my second day at MFP and I´m determined to lose 40 pounds :)