Nutrition

Options
I have recently started adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water each morning. I have read it's good for metabolism, maintaining glucose levels and high cholesterol. Has anyone had any success with this

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    One of the most recent of about a hundred apple cider vinegar threads since New Years:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10504137/apple-cider-vinegar
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I think this is a record for the number of posts in one day about the latest Weight loss Gimmick. Just scroll the forums a tiny bit there's literally at least a dozen posts on this same topic in just the last few days.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Success for what?

It's pretty much the woo of the year, which isn't saying much since the year just started. There must be a mass amount of "articles" in magazines and stuff touting this latest "miracle" "trick".
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    nope not heard of it
    never tried it
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Where have you been reading this, OP? Given the sheer volume of new ACV posts in the past week, I have to imagine a major news source ran a piece on ACV recently.

This is my question too.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Where have you been reading this, OP? Given the sheer volume of new ACV posts in the past week, I have to imagine a major news source ran a piece on ACV recently.

[/quote

This is my question too.

FAKE NEWS!!!!!
  • TwntyOnePointTwo
    TwntyOnePointTwo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but sounds interesting. I should do more research:)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    perhaps MFP forums need a dedicated ACV section.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    The conspiracy continues.

• angerlo
    angerlo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just wondering because I started to taking for the health benefits but noticed I had been on a plateau with my weight loss for a while (stuck at 40 lbs loss for about 8 weeks) and since starting this Jan 1st I've lost 4 lbs. Wondering if this is what helped or just a coincidence. (Read the articles from what I researched online but wanted real people opinions)