Bikini comp

Options
Hi! I'm looking to get into bikini. I'm just not sure if I'm even in the right place to be considering it. My question is where were you when you started to consider doing them?
Waist-27.75 (eeek!!)
Thighs- 22
Hips- 37
Bicep- 10.75

I'm 19, 5'8 and 137 lbs, do you think this is a good starting place?

Replies

• catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm sure u look great in one!

I tried switching to a tankini and it looks worse than a regular 2 piece. I was wearing one 3 mo after having a baby 160lbs+ 5'6". It's not about looking perfect, but feeling comfortable
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I think she means bikini competitions. Not an area of expertise for me... Now, if there was a trisuit competition... :)
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There are people who compete on here, but you'd probably want a coach for your first competition. I know you are in a great place BMI-wise, so it just depends on how you put on muscle and your symmetry...beyond that I don't know much, I'm not a bikini competitor.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say what steps you should take at this point based off of height and weight with some measurements. Body composition is the most important part of competing. I would say if you don't have a couple of years of weight lifting experience you'll want to do that before committing to a show. You will want a trainer to help you, but don't let them talk you into one until you have a few years of lifting experience.

Launching into a show without enough muscle is a recipe for disaster. The dieting process will cost you some muscle and if you don't have much of it to begin with you'll end up soft on stage. If a coach tries to start you on steroids of any type run in the opposite direction. It's common with bikini prep coaches and it could ruin your health.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    it's a great starting place! go for it!

Look into getting a coach. I'm the same measurements and I'm about 9 weeks out form comp but I'm at 145lbs.
    Stage goal for us at that height can be 125-135 depending on how you look..bf%/muscle mass etc.