Need Friends for Support!!

Hello everyone!! My name is Jayme, and I'm on here trying for the 1,000,000,000,000,000th time to lose weight! I have plenty of struggles, and I always find it difficult to lose weight completely on my own. I've been trying to just use this site and my FitBit on my own for a couple of months and I've had a little success, but there is so much more I want to do!!

Some of my struggles are pretty simple. I work a desk job, working 10-hour days. I don't often have a lot of time to spare at work, so getting out and moving during the day isn't always an option. I also have rheumatoid arthritis, which makes moving in general difficult. I've been on medication for over a year now, and I'm doing well enough that I can walk and bike again (on a stationary bike, anyway), but much more than that isn't always easy. I suffer from depression as well, which is always a great motivation killer (/sarcasm). And I'd also include my boyfriend as part of my struggles, though he is as supportive as he can be. He has a much more active job, however, and can pretty much eat whatever he wants without gaining much.

I'm looking for some friends who are willing to stay in contact frequently. I like sending messages back and forth, even if they're not just updates on workouts or meals, or sharing recipes. If you want to chat about your day, awesome! I just want some friends to connect with so I don't feel like I'm doing this on my own.

Replies

• cuffs7775
    cuffs7775 Posts: 2 Member
    Oh wow, you and I have a lot in common. I have some arthritis in my knees and they can get swollen some times. I also battle depression daily, without medication. I got a FitBit for Christmas and have been so excited to use it, I have also recently just started using this site. I too am looking for motivation and support with not only the weight loss struggle, which I have been battling since I was 19 and I'm 42 now!! I'm also just looking to chat on here too. Maybe we can try and touch base with each other on certain days to chat. I feel sometimes that I'm on my own with this too, my husband is supportive but he is doing a different weight loss program that I am. I can't do the same program as him. Either way let me know if you want to try and weekly set up a day or two where we can talk and see how the other is doing.
  • Nitrous1987
    Nitrous1987 Posts: 4 Member
    cuffs7775 wrote: »
    Oh wow, you and I have a lot in common. I have some arthritis in my knees and they can get swollen some times. I also battle depression daily, without medication. I got a FitBit for Christmas and have been so excited to use it, I have also recently just started using this site. I too am looking for motivation and support with not only the weight loss struggle, which I have been battling since I was 19 and I'm 42 now!! I'm also just looking to chat on here too. Maybe we can try and touch base with each other on certain days to chat. I feel sometimes that I'm on my own with this too, my husband is supportive but he is doing a different weight loss program that I am. I can't do the same program as him. Either way let me know if you want to try and weekly set up a day or two where we can talk and see how the other is doing.

We do have a lot in common! I'd love to set up some times that we can chat and check in with each other. Maybe we can even add each other as friends on FitBit so we can do challenges! I'll send you a friend request.