Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• tonithewriter
    tonithewriter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 10' and have at least 50 lbs to lose. I was going to the gym regularly before xmas until my mother passed away from cancer that progressed quickly. I keep telling myself I need to get healthy for my children, but something always comes up that prevents me from going. I need motivation to get me back on track. Feel free to add me.

I am sorry for the loss of your mom. Don't forget to make that commitment to getting healthy for yourself too. Grieving is hard work and it's necessary. Take it a step at a time. One positive step leads to another! You can do it!
  • tonithewriter
    Options
    molly3210 wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but when I only prepare dinner for myself I've been finding it much easier to stay within daily calories. My man is out of town for the week, and eating has been simple... And smaller portions! I'm excited to see what the scale says after a week of this.

I find the same thing. My husband is currently working an opposite shift and my daughter is working more lately. One of my goals this year is to get at the root of my bad eating habits, regardless of how my schedule changes or who is home eating with me. I also need to make better choices when eating out.
  • Anclote
    Anclote Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm 5'4'', mostly vegan, just trying to get fitter and lose a few pounds! I could use motivation too :)
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but when I only prepare dinner for myself I've been finding it much easier to stay within daily calories. My man is out of town for the week, and eating has been simple... And smaller portions! I'm excited to see what the scale says after a week of this.

Omg yes!!!!! If it's just me I can eat within my calorie goal with no problem what so ever! But with hubby, he eats bad and I can't help but get tempted to eat what I cook for him too
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I'm 4' 10' and have at least 50 lbs to lose. I was going to the gym regularly before xmas until my mother passed away from cancer that progressed quickly. I keep telling myself I need to get healthy for my children, but something always comes up that prevents me from going. I need motivation to get me back on track. Feel free to add me.

Aww I'm sorry for your loss. Im the same way. I want to lose the weight so bad and I know what to do it's just sometimes I slack and if I do that I stop all together. Since we are short it just seems like we have to work twice as hard. We are here to motivate each other! We can do this! Not just for us but our kids as well!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    Anclote wrote: »
    Hey y'all! I'm 5'4'', mostly vegan, just trying to get fitter and lose a few pounds! I could use motivation too :)

I am so fascinated with the vegan lifestyle yet I'm so scared to give up what I've known for so long. Was it a lifestyle change for you or is that how you grew up!?
  • jenniferj0417
    Options

I find the same thing. My husband is currently working an opposite shift and my daughter is working more lately. One of my goals this year is to get at the root of my bad eating habits, regardless of how my schedule changes or who is home eating with me. I also need to make better choices when eating out.

My biggest problem is making smart choices when eating out. Not just the food but margaritas and mojitos as well!
  • RosyTea
    RosyTea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 5'4 and hope to lose 50lbs in the next year or two! You can definitely add me! :)
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 2 looking to lose 20-25 pounds. Add me on . Glad to have a new friend
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it was the bad stuff I'm eating (chocolate biscuits) but I may have just stumbled onto you lot & not being tall might have something to do with it. I'm 4"11
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    5'3 here. In maintenance right now, but my God doesn't weight show up on us fast. Every pound I gain goes straight to my face, I swear. The good thing, I guess, is that weight loss shows up fast as well. My sister is 5'10 and she has to lose like 25 pounds to see the same changes I do from losing 10 pounds.
  • tonithewriter
    Options

My biggest problem is making smart choices when eating out. Not just the food but margaritas and mojitos as well!

Love Margaritas and Mojitos, maybe we need a "skinny" version?
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and have 50 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me too!
  • tonithewriter
    Options
    yogagirlT wrote: »
    Trying to lose at least 50 pounds. By being short it seems like it's much easier to gain weight. I'm like a yoyo, my weight goes up and down. I have a hard time losing weight and keeping it off. I am a chef and sometimes it's hard to eat healthy. I am taking baby steps to change ingredients in my favorite dishes to make them more healthy. I'm looking for women around my size for tips and motivation!

I am 5 ft and I know the struggle all to well. 5 lbs on us short women looks and feels like 20. I would be happy to share swap out ingredient tips to help you. I am not a chef but I love to cook and am a foodie (and love my wine--and part Sicilian!)

You are taking a great first step. I also highly recommend starting out with some exercise. I work with a health coach and I am also a Zumba teacher. I passed along this tip to my students that I got from her. You can break up 30 minutes of exercise with 10 minute exercise breaks--one in the AM, afternoon and one later in the evening. Or even 5 minutes. Think small and work your way up. Exercise will get your metabolism revved up.

For me, portion control is huge and watching my carbs and sugar. I got off track over the holidays but am tracking again which is my saving grace. It is all about being mindful and not beating yourself up.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I have tons of ideas for recipe swaps and I live tweaking recipes to make them healthier with more wholesome and clean ingredients.

Hang in there!

Awesome advice. I started walking with my do last summer and found that once I got going, I enjoyed it and started lengthening my walks. It was really a matter of just getting started. And it did make a difference. I didn't get so out of breath. I felt more limber and had more energy.

I used to do Zumba with friends and really enjoyed it. I moved and would like to do it at home. yogagirl, do you have any resources for someone who wants to do Zumba at home? Toni in IL
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lost 1lb this week. I'll take it! Had a couple of beers after work with a friend last night. I had already planned supper and logged it. I started to turn off on my way home and get some junk food, and just drove past the drive thru on home and ate what I had planned. for me that was a small win. I find it helps to log things ahead during the day to know where I will end up.
  • tonithewriter
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    Lost 1lb this week. I'll take it! Had a couple of beers after work with a friend last night. I had already planned supper and logged it. I started to turn off on my way home and get some junk food, and just drove past the drive thru on home and ate what I had planned. for me that was a small win. I find it helps to log things ahead during the day to know where I will end up.

You did a great job! WTG!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Omg yes!!!!! If it's just me I can eat within my calorie goal with no problem what so ever! But with hubby, he eats bad and I can't help but get tempted to eat what I cook for him too

He comes home today.... I'm gonna have to be careful, this man likes his full meals lol
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

That's a good goal! I need to do the same. Petite people just can't have all the calories that taller people do! Just gotta stick to smaller portions, and not eating ALL of the sides...
  • jenniferj0417
    Options

Love Margaritas and Mojitos, maybe we need a "skinny" version?

That's definitely an option!