Hiya everybody! Finding hard to go back to my exercise routine!

Options
I have been using this app for a while but didn't join the community until now. I'd like to offer the support I'm also looking for to those who are struggling to return to their daily exercise routine. I keep postponing it for no reason, am lacking motivation. Accountability buddy anyone? :)

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    No. You need to discipline yourself. Motivation waxes and wanes. And people come and go. You need to do it for yourself.
  • karenvsh
    karenvsh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I struggled after Christmas. I decided last week it was time to get on with it. Last year it took until March to get back into exercise. Totally unacceptable. Make sure it is a time you can stick to and keep telling yourself you are going to do it then. As soon as you say no to yourself you've lost. Hope this helps. Just do it!
  • k2theSo
    k2theSo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No. You need to discipline yourself. Motivation waxes and wanes. And people come and go. You need to do it for yourself.

That was a bit abrupt ! Peer support has shown to be extremely helpful in numerous fields even if it's just to get the ball rolling. It could be the gentle push to help Beatriz help herself. Why shove ?
  • CertifiedUnicorn007
    Options
    k2theSo wrote: »
    That was a bit abrupt ! Peer support has shown to be extremely helpful in numerous fields even if it's just to get the ball rolling. It could be the gentle push to help Beatriz help herself. Why shove ?

I thought the same thing. This place is called MyfitnessPAL after all. Clearly asking for support is using the site as intended.

• alvinvarnado
    alvinvarnado Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Small steps lead up to bigger ones. You can do it!!!!
  • k2theSo
    k2theSo Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm focusing on doing things because I want to, not because I have to. So, I don't think I'd be of much help. That outlook is what helped me get back into the gym though ;)
    Best wishes!