Lean gains.

Hello all.
Im currently sitting at around 13 stone 4lbs and at maybe around 18 percent body fat.
The diet is the main thing i struggle with as in what to eat and when, and the amounts of proteins / calories i actually need to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time. Its really a mind boggling situation for me

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    growcott5 wrote: »
    Hello all.
    Im currently sitting at around 13 stone 4lbs and at maybe around 18 percent body fat.
    The diet is the main thing i struggle with as in what to eat and when, and the amounts of proteins / calories i actually need to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time. Its really a mind boggling situation for me

You can do that with recomp, which is sloooooow. Or you can cut while maintaining muscle and then bulk/cut as necessary?
  • growcott5
    growcott5 Posts: 3 Member
    Id like to cut at the moment to lower my body fat and then when im happy try and make lean gains as hard as that may be. Its just putting those nutrients down on pen and paper im struggling with
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    growcott5 wrote: »
    Id like to cut at the moment to lower my body fat and then when im happy try and make lean gains as hard as that may be. Its just putting those nutrients down on pen and paper im struggling with

0.8 -1g per lb of bodyweight for protein, 0.3/0.4lb per pound of bodyweight for fat

Small deficit, good lifting programme
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Some folks have found intermittent fasting to help with the last few pounds in your situation. Definitely doesn't work for everyone though.
  • growcott5
    growcott5 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys appreciate the info