Waist trainner

Options
Has or does anyone use these?? And do they really work??

Replies

• kaysmith1034
    kaysmith1034 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No, they definitely don't work. The only type of waist bands that actually do anything are the rubber ones meant for sweating more. And even then, its just water weight you're getting rid of so it comes back within a few hours/days
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do not work, just think about it. If everyone else has to watch what they eat and exercise (changes from the inside) does it make sense that something that just squeezes you actually makes you lose weight?

I see them like Spanx, they hold you in while you wear it giving an illusion of a smaller waist.
  • SammieCosme
    SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They only help to hide the chub I wear them when I go out to look and feel good. They do help you sweat more in the tummy region.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The thing with waist trainers is that they do not work unless you use them for so long, and so tight, that you shift the actual positioning on your innards, and, in extreme cases, the positioning of your lower ribs, which causes all sorts of stresses and messed up issues for your internal organs.

Otherwise - you know how of your socks are too tight and you take them off, you have an indent for an hour or so? That's what a waist trainer does.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    They only help to hide the chub I wear them when I go out to look and feel good. They do help you sweat more in the tummy region.
    Which doesn't do anything to help lose the fat in that area.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Which doesn't do anything to help lose the fat in that area.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

true dat.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    tanny2017 wrote: »
    I wear them at work and they help me a lot. My 34 inch waist will go from 31-29 inches
    Depending on how tight I do the hooks. It pulls me in at the waist and flattens my tummy. At first I wore it out of vanity but I've realised it really helps me at work. I have very large boobs and the trainer makes me upright and stops me
    From using poor manual handling techniques. I can't not wear it now or I get bad back
    Pain

This sounds unhealthy.
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    If a Kardashian would do it, I wouldn't. It's a philosophy that serves me well.

That's solid life advice for anyone.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    tanny2017 wrote: »
    I wear them at work and they help me a lot. My 34 inch waist will go from 31-29 inches
    Depending on how tight I do the hooks. It pulls me in at the waist and flattens my tummy. At first I wore it out of vanity but I've realised it really helps me at work. I have very large boobs and the trainer makes me upright and stops me
    From using poor manual handling techniques. I can't not wear it now or I get bad back
    Pain

So it has weakened your core muscles because you're not using them. A weakened core is not a desirable goal to strive for. It's akin to how your leg muscles atrophy when your leg is put in a cast and you aren't using those muscles.

That's a pretty great analogy, I must say.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Others have already mentioned it, but yes - wearing a corset will likely result in your core getting weaker due to non-use (hence the back pain now when you aren't wearing it).