Foods to avoid?

Options
Wondering what foods people have avoided along their journey and seen a weight loss?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nothing for me, i just eat a lot less of some things
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    I cut out regular soft drinks (sodas) - the amount of calories in them was not worth it to me and there are readily available and just as tasty (to me) alternatives.

Other than that- nothing.

Some things I ate less often and/or in smaller portions, particularly those high calorie treat things like cake and chocolate.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You will get different answers to that question. Some people eliminate foods by doctor's orders, allergies, or religious or ethical reasons. If you're not on that list, you can choose to eliminate. There are lots of elimination diets--keto, vegan, etc. For info on those, since they're complicated--do a search. It seems that the vast majority of MFPers just eat what they like in moderation. To do that it's easier to count calories. If you want to do that, buy a digital food scale, weigh and measure everything you eat and drink, and stay within your calorie goal everyday. Simple, but it works. You choose, and good luck.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cut things out but I've found a few lower calorie options like diet soda instead of regular, light dressings and mayo etc. I've mostly focused on just eating correct portion sizes of the things I like though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've only cut out things I don't find worth the calories anymore, such as fast food fries
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Same as the others- but I did stop going to bakeries bc pastry is a huge trigger for me. I make a point to eat real sugar, butter, and full fat cheese & yogurt. Drink skim milk bc SO drinks it and I'm not buying 2 kinds of milk every week!
    I have inadvertently cut wayyy back on coffee (only bc the cream & sugar I was using make it more calories than I want to "spend" on a daily basis).
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Foods I don't like and food that is spoiled.
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ANything with sugar added, anything with artificial sweeteners or anything advertised as Low-Fat/Low-Cal.

Perhaps a better question to ask is:

"What foods did you start eating?"

In that case - a lot more veggies and natural produce.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I avoided nothing, just ate a lot less.
    Strangely though my taste changed, so suddenly I didn't like the flavour of several things (e.g. oversugared chocolates). On the other hand I ate and liked food I wouldn't have touched before the project (e.g. Broccoli).

But this was my way, yours may (and most likely will) be completely different.
  • cambridgestylist
    cambridgestylist Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Most bread ( I eat pita bread instead), breakfast cereals and Dunkin Donuts muffins. I don't really miss any of it, and I only cut those things because there is other stuff I would rather eat for the calories. I'm not low carbing. I cut out regular ice cream, I have absolutely no self control around it! :)

I also switched from white rice to brown, I find it is more filling.

Just what works for me.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sadly, cut down on my wine! Noooooo! But she has not been good to my belly! I dont cut it out completely, just in moderation. Also, i don't eat out as much.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am making better choices and all foods that I like in moderation.
    Portion control is key.
  • paperpudding
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • paperpudding
    edited January 2017
    Options
    sorry, posted in error
  • chastineperkins
    chastineperkins Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I cut out pop all together except the very very occasional one. The calories make it not even worth drinking and most pops are too acidic for me anyway so it wasn't too hard.

other than that I just eat stuff I like. if it is high calories or high fat then I eat a smaller portion or half a serving instead of my usual amount. I hardly eat fast food too, if I can avoid it I will eat at an actual restaurant instead. My rule is if it has a drive through or a takeout option then it's best to avoid.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    disvussionfggghhhjjjj hgdggghhhhjkkjb

keyboard-diarrhoea?
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ?