trying things a little differently this time around!

hello! hope you're all having a wonderful day :)

normally when i try getting on the path to getting healthy and losing weight, i try and just flip a switch and change all my eating habits and my workout habits over night, which i think overwhelms me AND my body, and always ends in failure and i can never commit for long when i do that.

this time around though, i'm just gonna take it step by step.

every week i'm going to set 2 new goals for myself and try my best to stick to them, as well as the goals from previous weeks, and just keep doing that until i've gotten into some much more healthy habits.

losing weight will come in time, but mostly i'm trying to not focus on that so much as focusing on getting my health back in check, and stop the horrible lifestyle choices that i've become used to.

they will be small, attainable goals i set each week, which i really think will be best for me in the long run, which is ultimately what i think we're all looking for - being healthy for the future so we can live active, healthy, long lives.

so for instance, this weeks goals are as follows:
- get back into the habit of measuring out what i eat & pay attention to and follow serving sizes.
- no eating after midnight

small, easy to accomplish goals like that. the easier, the better i say! and the more likely i'll be able to stick to them, especially since i'm only focusing on a few things to change at a time, rather than like 50 lol.

so i guess i just wanted to share to see, first off if there's anyone that's trying to do this same sort of thing or to give other people a different way maybe of going about reaching a better health status.

and also just looking for some new friends for support and motivation - because the more the better, and i really want to stay on track with this!!

letttt's do this! :)

Replies

• sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Fantastic idea. I was just thinking about doing this on my break.

I've decided my goals are:

No eating after 10pm
    For every soda I have, have same amount of water before I'm allowed another soda.
  • I think you've got the right idea....small goals. If you try too much too fast you may get off track again. You will do fine this time around. Once you start feeling better it will get easier. I'm excited for you!! Good luck! Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Way to not give up!! I think this is a very smart way to go about things. I'm feeling different about this time around as well. I think it's finally kicking in that it's a change, and not just a diet.

Best of luck to you!! You've totally got this!
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Great ideas!
    It sounds like you're on the right track.
    I'm with you on changing small things and making small steps. It'll be easier to stick with it that way. Weight loss will come and so will looking and feeling good.
    I'll send you a friend request. Support is always good!
  • I think it takes something like three weeks to make a habit pretty much permanent in your routine, so just hang in there. You're definitely on your way