Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Spinach and mozzarella for me...
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like spinach, cheese, and bacon in mine.

Sometimes I just make cheesy eggs and top them with pico de gallo and avocado.
  • jwhokie
    jwhokie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Onions, mushrooms, swiss cheese and turkey bacon. Top with plain greek yogurt and hot sauce!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    How do you guys add this into the app? If you want a 4 egg omelette with all the added ingredients? Need a accurate count on my macros

For an omelet I chop and weigh and log the veg, log any oil I use (usually very little, though--I have a spritzer for olive oil), and then crack the eggs into a bowl to weigh them and add some feta cheese too to weigh it.

(I don't weigh eggs when cooking them another way, but for an omelet I do since it's easy and my eggs are a variety of sizes (farm eggs) and it keeps me sharp at guessing weight from how it looks.)

The question about what we put in the omelet is quite old, but for fun:

Always: two eggs (on rare occasion if the eggs are small, 3)

Always: some kind of green, usually spinach, kale, or chard

Always: some kind of other vegetable, most commonly zucchini or broccoli or asparagus, but depends what's on hand

Usually: feta cheese, but only a little (it's a strong flavored cheese)

Sometimes, depending on mood: maybe onions or mushrooms or greens peppers

I dislike bacon in an omelet, but occasionally have it on the side (more often I have smoked salmon or cottage cheese on the side).
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Anything you can think of. Just experiment with flavors you like.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My dad makes an omelette most mornings. He just adds whatever leftovers there are from dinner the night before! If there are no leftovers, he adds liver.

Cream cheese, smoked salmon, and mushrooms are my favorite additions.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    How do you guys add this into the app? If you want a 4 egg omelette with all the added ingredients? Need a accurate count on my macros

You can make a recipe and then add the recipe, or just add each ingredient directly.
  • brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    CHEDDAR & TURKEY BACON mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of two egg omelettes with mushrooms 28g, minced garlic 5g, spinach 28g, and feta 14g. My trick is to saute the veggies before adding them to eggs so they are nice and cooked. I start with the mushrooms until they are dark and tender. Then add the garlic and spinach until wilted. I remove those from the pan while the eggs set, then add them in with the feta before folding the eggs.

I also like peppers and onions, but I'm usually too lazy to chop all the veggies. I'll sprinkle in some green onion if I have some handy because those are easy.

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is: spinach, shallot, tomato and feta cheese.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    only way i can stomach omelettes is to fill the pan with thick-cut mushrooms first. pour in the egg once the mushrooms are done, and then add cheese on top. it almost fools me into thinking i'm not eating eggs.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Coriander or basil, chilli flakes, goats cheese, mini veg (ie peas, sweet corn), picked onions!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Spinach and mozzarella for me...

We make the same omelet. I make a big one that I split with my daughter. Spinach is one of the few vegetables that she tolerates.

If I'm making one just for me, I put in more vegetables.

I should add that my mother taught me a way of making omelets that sort of souffle's them in the pan, and they cook up sort of puffy. They're very filling and we often eat them for dinner. My husband and kids love eggs as much as I do.
  • TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Spinach and banana peppers. Or Spinach and jalepenos.
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sausage, spinach, onion, small amounts of celery and bell pepper, and cheddar.

Onions, mushrooms and spinach with pepperjack or any cheese.

Broccoli and/or apparatus, onion, cheese.

Any leftover you have in the fridge that isn't saucy-meat or veggie or both. Add cheese.

I usually add tomatoes and avocado to all of them after they're mostly cooked.

love omelets. (I usually have scrambles.)
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I weigh out 250g carton egg whites, add in some cheese (no fat or regular depending on what values I need that day) and turkey bacon. Sometimes I also add in some spinach and put home fries on the side. Always cooked in Pam
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The best is crab legs and Swiss cheese.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I put in anything and everything!!! The possibilities are seriously limitless (you know besides the tomato issues you have ;) )

• TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today I made them with mushrooms and Mrs. Dash. My favorite thing to do is add in leftover steak, onions, and bell peppers when we have fajitas.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A favourite of mine is peppers, spinach, onions, turmeric, cumin, fresh coriander and chillies. I then dollop mango chutney on the side to dip a bit in.

I really will try and turn anything into a curry!