Beachbody Coach

Options
Does anyone on here use beachbody and have a coach they love?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Oh noes...you inbox is about to get flooded...
  • fitissexiest
    fitissexiest Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That's ok, I'm a quick deleter and have notifications turned off. Lol. I'm signing up for their online streaming and apparently a coach comes with it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A couple points for you to be aware of before jumping into Beachbody:

1) Beachbody's workout programs are generally considered as pretty good, but their products/"supplements" are overpriced scams which will do nothing beneficial for weight loss or fitness. Here's an excellent read from a pharmacist about Beachbody products: http://pharmadaddy.blogspot.ca/2013/07/shakeology-shaking-up-its-foundations.html?m=1

2) Beachbody "coaches" aren't "coaches" at all - they're nothing more than salespeople. It takes no training or education to become a "coach" (it says this right in their FAQ), you just send them your $39.99 fee and voila, you're a "coach". Most of them don't know anything more about fitness, nutrition or training than you do - the only thing they know how to do is peddle their products in an effort to make money. It would be akin to bestowing the "coach" title on the Avon lady or an Amway salesperson. Or maybe more appropriately, a used car salesman.

If there are particular supplements you're looking for, there are much better quality (and cheaper) alternatives available through retail outlets. And you won't have a salesman trying to hook you into becoming a "coach" so you can be part of his/her MLM downline.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That's ok, I'm a quick deleter and have notifications turned off. Lol. I'm signing up for their online streaming and apparently a coach comes with it.

Don't bother with a coach... They have no formal training.
  • fitissexiest
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

1) Beachbody's workout programs are generally considered as pretty good, but their products/"supplements" are overpriced scams which will do nothing beneficial for weight loss or fitness. Here's an excellent read from a pharmacist about Beachbody products: http://pharmadaddy.blogspot.ca/2013/07/shakeology-shaking-up-its-foundations.html?m=1

2) Beachbody "coaches" aren't "coaches" at all - they're nothing more than salespeople. It takes no training or education to become a "coach" (it says this right in their FAQ), you just send them your $39.99 fee and voila, you're a "coach". Most of them don't know anything more about fitness, nutrition or training than you do - the only thing they know how to do is peddle their products in an effort to make money. It would be akin to bestowing the "coach" title on the Avon lady or an Amway salesperson. Or maybe more appropriately, a used car salesman.

Thanks for the info! I don't plan on using the supplements. I just want the workouts for variety on the days it's too cold to venture to the gym. As far as the coach, if I have to get one, I would rather it be someone who isn't annoying than some rando.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend just using the videos with no coach...you can find the listing for the programs on line which list how to structure the sessions
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    As a reformed BB coach myself, I can tell you they are salespeople with no training other than how to convince you to become a coach yourself. Usually when you ignore them (or tell them you aren't interested), they go away :) If they assign someone to you who bugs you, just complain to customer service and demand to switch.
  • fitissexiest
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    As a reformed BB coach myself, I can tell you they are salespeople with no training other than how to convince you to become a coach yourself. Usually when you ignore them (or tell them you aren't interested), they go away :) If they assign someone to you who bugs you, just complain to customer service and demand to switch.

That was my plan if I didn't find a recommendation. Good to know they're pretty useless. After 52 pounds down I already feel like I know what I need. Supplements and meal replacements aren't it.

• fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The entire "Beach Body Coach " is a farce. All about pyramid selling. Enjoy the programs. Skip Shakeology and the Coach.
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use beach body, no coach. Also dont follow their meal plans since they focus solely on their BeachBody supplements and shakes lol
    But!
    I LOVE the workouts! Been doing the 21 Day Fix this month and its been kicking my *kitten* lol
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody workouts and use On Demand myself. However, I don't enjoy their "challenge groups" and I don't bother with the supplements. But the workouts are great and there is a good variety so something for everyone's taste and fitness levels/goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If you're going to pay money for a coach, get one that's at least actually certified in exercise science, kinesiology, physiology, etc.
    Beach Body workouts are good. Learning correct FORM, that's a different story.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • fitissexiest
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Eh I kinda feel like MOST coaches and personal trainers I've met are a joke no matter where it's been. At the gym the person trainers seem to look at their phone more than their client. Like I said I'm just looking for the workouts. My husband is a former Olympic style weightlifter so he rides my *kitten* about form enough.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Eh I kinda feel like MOST coaches and personal trainers I've met are a joke no matter where it's been. At the gym the person trainers seem to look at their phone more than their client. Like I said I'm just looking for the workouts. My husband is a former Olympic style weightlifter so he rides my *kitten* about form enough.

There are a few on here that know their stuff and are truly out to help.

One even commented above you:).
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love doing BB workouts. I've never needed a coach.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Thanks for the info! I don't plan on using the supplements. I just want the workouts for variety on the days it's too cold to venture to the gym. As far as the coach, if I have to get one, I would rather it be someone who isn't annoying than some rando.

If you're not interested in purchasing anything, then the other services a coach would offer would be answering questions about products, or challenge/accountability groups. I was actually part of an accountability group for T25 when I first started using weight, run by a friend who was a coach at the time, and I found being part of the group to be helpful to me. If that's what you are looking for, you could probably find a coach-led group out there on the interwebs, but you could probably also find one here of other users who are doing the same workouts. I think that while connecting with a coach is offered, you don't actually have to do it if you don't think it would be valuable to you.
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I get all my indoor workouts from the YouTube. There's thousands of fitness videos uploaded - just type in what you're looking for. I use Fitness Blender a lot, but they may be slower paced for you and the workouts go from 10 minutes up to 90 minutes. There are some Jillian Michaels uploaded as well, and a few other fitness gurus.
  • fitissexiest
    Options

There are a few on here that know their stuff and are truly out to help.

One even commented above you:).

That's why I said most! Some know their stuff and I recognize @ninerbuff from other posts. I've just never met one in person who wasn't a pro athlete trainer.

• GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know people who had great success with BeachBody and can recommend a good coach.

However, I personally find it too expensive and I doubt I can get anything delivered to my area.