Trying to lose weight but stuck

Options
Since the start of 2017 I've been killing it. I've been averaging over 8,000 steps a day, and I've drastically changed my diet. I no longer drink alcohol or eat fast food. The problem I'm having is that during this week I've consistently been under my calorie goal by at least 700 calories a day (according to myfitnesspal) but my weight has gone up a few pounds. My goal is to lose another 15lbs, lost 10 already, but for some reason I'm stuck.

Example daily diet:

Breakfast: Turkey Sausage bowl, coffee, creamer, strawberries (423 calories)

Lunch: rice, chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, and an egg in a stir fry I make (671 calories)

Dinner: subway sandwich (around 800 calories)

Any help as to why I'm not losing anymore would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If you've drastically changed your exercise you'll gain temporary water weight, otherwise are you definitely weighing and logging correctly with no guess work and logging things with hidden calories like drinks? How quickly did you lose those first 10 pounds btw? You may have dropped alot of water weight quickly and then it's evened out as you've adjusted to the diet.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open up your diary - it will help MFP'ers to look for issues
  • homesmart1
    homesmart1 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Could you possible cut your calories to 1600 and take calorie free supplements to make up the protein and carbs?
  • ericdykstra95
    ericdykstra95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Deannalfisher, didn't know I could make my diary public. Animators there is no guess work. I drink milk, water, and coffee and log all three. I lost the 10 lbs in 6 weeks
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss the first 2 weeks is most likely water weight. This 3rd week you probably gained some of that back from stressing your muscles with exercise. Be sure to weigh everything, estimating can be way off.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Also how long has your stall been, if its only been this week or two that you have seen a gain all it will be is water weight fluctuations if you've logged correctly. As mcraw75 suggested if your initial loss was quick it would have undoubtedly been some water weight and changing up an exercise routine can add pounds in water weight too. I take my loss goals month by month and average it out, it usually works out as a pound a week loss on average the scales can be misleading short term depending on how hard I've been working out. Also get the tape measure out and use that along side the scale.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    homesmart1 wrote: »
    Could you possible cut your calories to 1600 and take calorie free supplements to make up the protein and carbs?

what calorie free substances would give you protein and carbs???????????????
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Subway is pretty high in sodium. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but sodium causes water retention, and water retention can mask a loss.

You seem to be eating a reasonable amount of calories a day so I would just trust the system. Weight loss is not linear but it does happen as long as you maintain your deficit.